Cables...

What do you guys think?

The Mogami patch cables are $48 apiece, I’d need two for my set up.

Worth it?
What lengths? For what purpose? And what are the cable specs?

I can find a Chevy for $30,000. Is it worth it? That depends on what kind of Chevy it is, and how I'm going to use it. :)

Two, one footers.

From wireless to FM3
From FM3 Out 2 to Poweramp

Its all mounted on a board.

Two, one footers.

From wireless to FM3
From FM3 Out 2 to Poweramp

Its all mounted on a board.
Those are both line-level, low-impedance signals. They don't require high-spec cables. Any decent cable with rugged connections and decent shielding will be fine.

I personally use mogami 2524 because I like the sound / color they add to the tone. I tried the more expensive platinum version and hated it. It comes down to personal preference
What was the difference?

I buy Mogami cable by the foot from Toursupply.com and GLS connectors (TS, TRS, and XLR) on Amazon and make all of my own cables cut to length. I find it to be way more cost effective, and convenient.

I use Mogami for anything that is carrying my instrument single. For line-level stuff it varies. I used to use Monoprice a long time ago (sorry @iaresee), but I had so many issues with them that I swore them off. This was many, many years ago. I assumed they have their act together now.

I use Mogami for anything that is carrying my instrument single. For line-level stuff it varies. I used to use Monoprice a long time ago (sorry @iaresee), but I had so many issues with them that I swore them off. This was many, many years ago. I assumed they have their act together now.
No need to apologize. For short run cables, I haven't had any problems with them. For long run, guitar -> Axe-Fx, stuff, I use BTPA Tour Hard. Durable.

What was the difference?

They have different capacitance, technically the platinum is "better" (aka more hifi), but I definitely prefer the treble roll off of the 2524. I'm just so used to the timber of that cable that whenever I happen to play a different cable for any reason, it just doesn't sound right!

Back
Top Bottom