Cables to connect axe fx

Kdog

Inspired
What kind of cables are used to connect and Axe Fx to a power amp to a Cabinet.?

I bought a Power amp but it has no Instrument cable connections.

Thanks Guys , I appreciate the feedback. A member here is selling his Matrix so I think I'm going that route. And Chris , I watch your vids all the time . The one on how to update the firmware on the MFC pulled me out of a big Jam.

The model was Crown XLS 1500.

When It comes to connectivity, I'm very much a newb. I had no Idea I could run through my Tubemeister Head. Only I cable from Axe out to Fx loop. Anyone know If a power Amp would sound better than this method I'm using?

What are the tonal difference between the two methods?

Basically, solid state power amp (ala Matrix, carvin, crown), run the axe with power amps sims on.
Fx return on Amp Head - Run power amp sims off.

Cab sims off if running into guitar cab
cab sims on if running into FRFR (full range flat response) or PA speaker, studio monitors, computers speakers and what have you.

Thanks Guys , I appreciate the feedback. A member here is selling his Matrix so I think I'm going that route. And Chris , I watch your vids all the time . The one on how to update the firmware on the MFC pulled me out of a big Jam.

The model was Crown XLS 1500.

That's the model I use. It has XLR, 1/4" and RCA phono inputs, so not sure what your problem is with it.

I've been very happy with mine.

Danny W.

from the crown manual:
crown.png

Danny W....Operator error on my part. There's a lot I don't know about set ups, cables and connectivity. I never gave the crown unit a chance. It wasn't until now that I fully understood how to connect a power amp to and Axe FX then out to a cab.

Its too late...Its in a box being sent back ( the crown) and I ordered a Matrix from Here....The for sale Forums. I thought the Matrix might have easier connectivity? But no....its the same.

You live, You learn.
Thanks,
Kyle

Back
Top Bottom