Cables, cables and more cables...

Dolan

Inspired
I thought I'd start a thread not of your boards, but cables you've used and where you've purchased them. I see right angle USB cables, flat patch cables, right angle cables, left angle cables, etc. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has no clue where to purchase these goodies and figured this would help many. If this type of thread has been posted, my apologies. If not, whatcha got?!

You'd better make it by yourself...At eBay or Amazon you will find bulk cables ,soldering guns,etc.
Once you make up your pedal board and design real estate allocations for Axes and pedals then
you probably figure out respective cables and connectors,let's say Neutrik, Evidence,Canare...etc.
as well as XLR,TRS and TS..right angled,etc. However,you'd better to know basic understanding on pedal cabling .

Last edited:
You'd better make it by yourself...At eBay or Amazon you will find bulk cables ,soldering guns,etc.
Once you make up your pedal board and design real estate allocations for Axes and pedals then
you probably figure out respective cables and connectors,let's say Neutrik, Evidence,Canare...etc.
as well as XLR,TRS and TS..right angled,etc. However,you'd better to know basic understanding on pedal cabling .

Thanks for your reply. Been playing and messing with guitar gear for years. Made plenty of cables, etc, myself. From what I've seen from players posting their boards, there seems to be ready made cables out there such as low profile XLR connectors, etc. I've no problem pulling out a soldering iron and making my own. Finding some of the parts needed may prove a headache so why not post the different types and where they can be purchased?

Fractal sells cables at there store front , I deal mostly with sweet water , Amazon you can find Almost anything.

I thought I'd start a thread not of your boards, but cables you've used and where you've purchased them. I see right angle USB cables, flat patch cables, right angle cables, left angle cables, etc. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has no clue where to purchase these goodies and figured this would help many. If this type of thread has been posted, my apologies. If not, whatcha got?!
All 1/4" (TS, TRS, Humbuster), XLR, patch and speaker cables I make using Canare cable with G&H and Neutrik connectors. Monoprice has a pretty good selection of USB and power cables and are good quality. https://www.monoprice.com/category/pages/1

I buy bulk Mogami cable from toursupply.com, and Sweetwater. I buy connectors from GLS on Amazon, And a low profile XLR connectors come from B&H. With a Weller soldering iron, I am able to make every cable in my rig cut to length and neatly secured in place. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube if you are unfamiliar with how to solder cables. Once you hone that skill, there is no reason to ever buy a premade cable again!

Back
Top Bottom