Cable Question

VersaceDA1

Hi everyone!

Brand new Fractal user here. Having received my AX8 just a couple days ago, I am figuring out lots of things by trial & error (and this forum). I hope to integrate some of my pedals from my old board to retain some of my old sound, but also to save CPU space on the unit. I have a quick question about the proper cabling to use for my desired setup, and was hoping you could help me avoid purchasing the wrong thing.

Once set up, my signal chain will go as follows:

Guitar -> AX8 -> FX Send (JHS Double Barrel, TS9) -> FX Return back into AX8 -> Strymon TimeLine -> Strymon BigSky -> PA System

Obviously, I'll use a standard guitar cable from the guitar to the unit, and standard guitar patch cables in my FX loop (placed before the amp & cab in the preset). My question is, once the signal exits the AX8 and feeds through the TimeLine and BigSky (and into the PA system), should I be using regular guitar cables or shielded speaker cables? I'm thinking speaker cables, but they're hard to find in the length of patch cables that can be used to easily connect two Strymons.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Instrument cables. Speaker cables are for connecting a power amp to speaker cabs. The AX8 and Strymon units are preamps (instrument or line level).

you aren't connecting speakers, right?

I'm planning on plugging directly into a PA system. However, from Mr_Fender's response, can I assume that I should also use regular instrument cables if I'm running into an audio interface or set of powered studio monitors?

I'm planning on plugging directly into a PA system. However, from Mr_Fender's response, can I assume that I should also use regular instrument cables if I'm running into an audio interface or set of powered studio monitors?
As he mentioned, speaker cables are ONLY used between a power amp and speaker cabinets.

Back
Top Bottom