Cable clutter fix for me. I hate a lot of cables on the floor!!!

Galo

Experienced
Just a simple idea to keep cables organize. I made 2 sets, 6' and a 12'. The ac and the power cable are tied with cable ties, you can use anything you want. No hums at all. The ends go behind the power speaker where I connect to the speaker and ac. It also prevents accidentally pulling out a cable from foot carelessness. It's working for me real nice. Hope its helpful to some one. Adios

galo cable.jpg

Hi Galo!

Normally it's better to avoid running any kind of signal cables alongside or bundled with any power cables. This can introduce noise/hum from EMF interference. For very short cable runs you may not notice any problems. Also, if you DO start noticing noise, you may have developed a signal cable with compromised shielding. Always cross power and signal cables at a right angle if you can.

Glad it's working for you though!

So far so good!!! If the audio chord wasn't trs (balance), I would not even consider it. Its also a line level. But its working so far.

Hi Galo!

Normally it's better to avoid running any kind of signal cables alongside or bundled with any power cables. This can introduce noise/hum from EMF interference. For very short cable runs you may not notice any problems. Also, if you DO start noticing noise, you may have developed a signal cable with compromised shielding. Always cross power and signal cables at a right angle if you can.

Glad it's working for you though!

I like right angle connectors (where they'll fit) on the back of the AX8 too. Looks nice and neat and are less of a lever to damage the jacks if the cable ends get stepped on.

Another great cable solution is velcro cable ties. You can get them at Lowes. They are cheap, reusable, do a tidy job of bundling cables. You do not need a tool to put them on or take them off.

Right angle cables are great however, I'd change out the zip tie for velcro I know with Ethernet using zip ties can cause cross talk so i would think it may be possible with AC and the audio cable too if possible I'd run that audio cable in the other direction so its not near that AC cord...

Thanks for the great ideas guys but with me if is not broken I will not fix it. It works great the way it is. Remember the audio cable is at line level. I only use one tie by the ac chord end so the distance of the cables wont move and will always be in the same exact place, so if I need to plug in fast I don't have to look and read the back of the unit. I used black gaffers tape for the rest.

I am also a fan of no-cable clutter Galo (as you know, I am a little anal retentive about neatness on my boards!). I used to lay cable flat and then cover it over with velcro, so you couldn't see it on the surface of the board at all, and it also held everything in place too.

I since went with the Temple Audio board (picture below), which has holes all over the surface for routing cables down under the board, which I've then cable-tied together underneath.

Sukh

15032800_1173202609425531_9092390843546182193_n_zpsstfmabnv.jpg

Sukh I love neatness, by the way very nice clean board. But at my age, The less the better. I want everything lighter and simple. Back problems.

I am also a fan of no-cable clutter Galo (as you know, I am a little anal retentive about neatness on my boards!). I used to lay cable flat and then cover it over with velcro, so you couldn't see it on the surface of the board at all, and it also held everything in place too.

I since went with the Temple Audio board (picture below), which has holes all over the surface for routing cables down under the board, which I've then cable-tied together underneath.

Sukh

15032800_1173202609425531_9092390843546182193_n_zpsstfmabnv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom