Cabir.eu

Harm

Experienced
Hi all.

Anybody know if the IRs from cabir.eu are ultra res? My German is good enough bit I can’t find it on the site. My tech talk is not so good so I can’t tell on the basis of tech info. I talked the owner once and he was a really friendly guy. I do however have the impression that nothing has happened there for quite a while now. Of course, that is only guessing from my side.

I thought they were no more... Maybe they still sell the old packs?

I have their Orange 4x12 pack and I think it's Ultrares but I don't remember and I'm not home right now...

Edit:

After a quick search I think @Morphosis can answer... And I may be confused as to the current state of CabIR

Hi all.

Anybody know if the IRs from cabir.eu are ultra res? My German is good enough bit I can’t find it on the site. My tech talk is not so good so I can’t tell on the basis of tech info. I talked the owner once and he was a really friendly guy. I do however have the impression that nothing has happened there for quite a while now. Of course, that is only guessing from my side.
Their Marshall 8x10 cab shows green, so I'm guessing they are not UltraRes.

The IRs are sold in WAV-format and have to be converted (CabLab or AxeEdit) to be used with FAS devices.
If the final files are Standard or UltraRes depends on what YOU do with them :wink:

The IRs are sold in WAV-format and have to be converted (CabLab or AxeEdit) to be used with FAS devices.
If the final files are Standard or UltraRes depends on what YOU do with them :wink:

Ah. So If I convert them through axe-edit I can then choose ultra when I use it? I did not know that. Would that work on the fractal bundle too? I bought the pack that is on offer for 10 bucks. The first two aren’t ultra res.

Harm

No, the Fractal bundles (the IRs you can buy in the FAS store) are already in Standard or Ultrares. They are like they are and can't be converted.

Maybe ask Tony Schaefer with a PM, he used these a lot. I've got the orange cab and the marshall g12m from them and they are pretty good imho. No news from Tony for a long time now BTW.

Both cabir.eu and valhallir.at are very present in the german forum axefx.de and basically everybody there knows about those vendors and uses IRs from them. So do I of course :)

Both vendors provide everything as a wav file, which can be converted to the syx format with Axe-Edit and CabLab, but they can also be used in IR plugins in your DAW of choice. In short, they can be used everywhere!
Both vendors provide both 170ms and 500ms files. The 170ms files are optimized for the conversion to UltraRes (e.g. the room reverb is being faded out etc.), the 500ms versions are very good for the useage in DAWs. I haven't checked every 500ms IR and of course I don't own every pack, but on those I checked the room echo sounds very good and is well done, no disturbing early reflections etc.
Both vendors provide every IR both in RAW and in MPT format.
Both vendors provide the cab's low resonance frequency, which you can adjust in the amp block accordingly.

My personal favorite from cabir.eu btw is the MR-PIN68 with 20W Pre-Rola Greenbacks from 1968 in a 1965 Marshall 1960A. What a tone!!!

Last edited:
Both cabir.eu and valhallir.at are very present in the german forum axefx.de and basically everybody there knows about those vendors and uses IRs from them. So do I of course :)

Both vendors provide everything as a wav file, which can be converted to the syx format with Axe-Edit and CabLab, but they can also be used in IR plugins in your DAW of choice. In short, they can be used everywhere!
Both vendors provide both 170ms and 500ms files. The 170ms files are optimized for the conversion to UltraRes (e.g. the room reverb is being faded out etc.), the 500ms versions are very good for the useage in DAWs. I haven't checked every 500ms IR and of course I don't own every pack, but on those I checked the room echo sounds very good and is well done, no disturbing early reflections etc.
Both vendors provide every IR both in RAW and in MPT format.
Both vendors provide the cab's low resonance frequency, which you can adjust in the amp block accordingly.

My personal favorite from cabir.eu btw is the MR-PIN68 with 20W Pre-Rola Greenbacks from 1968 in a 1965 Marshall 1960A. What a tone!!!

Thanks. Good to know they are still active.

Harm

Thanks. Good to know they are still active.
The site seems like it's fine, they've been around quite a while, and as far as I know they're still alive and functioning.
I've gone in other directions more recently, but I quite like their stuff in general.

Thanks guys,
I also had the fractal bundle lying around that I hadn't tried yet. I now own an axe 3 mark 2. Do you guys perhaps know if they made some of those stock cabs? Or can I just import all the irs? (I will only use the 3 ultra packs)
I see 3 folders per pack, one for the Axe 2, one for the 2 xl and one for cab-lab.
Which folder is best for axe fx 3?

Thanks! Harm

Hi all.

As Painkiller said, they are in WAV and there are easy converded via CabLab Light, which is free to download from the Fractal Shop site.

Back
Top Bottom