cabIR.eu USA-COMBOS: 5 new IR libraries from the 60ie to date

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Hi guys,

i happily want to share the release of 5 new www.cabIR.eu USA COMBOS IR libraries based on some really nice, untouched originals. All libraries are as singles or as bundle with a 50% OFF introduction pricing available.

The following soundsamples were all done with the Axe-Fx II. @Heinzi shared thankfully some dry DI guitar recordings, i reamped digitally through the Axe-Fx. Because i did some more reampings, it was a bit massproduction admittedly, so i trusted blindly the always well working FOCUS_CAB IR from each IR library and took the correspondending Amp Sim of each IR library, except for the MusicMan 112RP (with EV12L), cause this amp is not represented in the Axe-Fx. Instead i thought "EV12L from 1979 in a open back combo? Let`s try some DUMBLE" ... and ended using the ODS-100 Clean, but also found out, that the Two Stone Sims works great with this library...

On the Amp Sim side i did not tweaked much, never ever over a minute for each track and used only the normal knobs as you`d find on the real Amp (Drive, BMT, Presence, Bright switch/channel on/off) to match the used guitar from the dry DI recordings...

Cab-Block: No tweaks, no Hi/Lo Cut.

In the DAW i added some reverb, but thats it. No double tracking, post EQing or anything else ... no tricks...

So, let`s have a listen for yourself, how the Axe-Fx II / AX8 sounds with these IRs:

FE-SREV72_CTS: Based on a Fender ™ Super Reverb from 1972, originally loaded with 4x10" CTS™ 10” Alnico speaker from1972. Used Amp Sim: Super Verb

FE-VLUX65_C10NS: Based on a Fender™ Vibrolux from 1965 with 2x10“ Jensen™ C10NS speakers from 1965. Used Amp Sim: Vibrato Lux

FE-VLUX91_EMI: Based on a Fender™ Custom Vibrolux CSR8 from 1991 with 2x10“ Emincence™ `blue frame` Alnico speakers. Used Amp Sim: Vibrato Lux

MM-RP112_EV12L: Based on a MusicMan™ 112 RP One Hundred from 1979 with a 1x12“ ElectroVoice™ EV12L speaker from 1979. Used Amp Sim: ODS-100 Clean

MB-LOSTAR_SHADOW: Based on a Mesa Boogie™ Lone Star Special from 2006, loaded witha 1x12“ MC-90 Black Shadow speaker. Used Amp Sim: TX Star

I wish all of you a happy new year!
Markus

I bought the pack one of the first days it was available, as I'm a Fender amp guy and there's not a lot of Fender style IRs and I think they are absolutely lovely. The C10NS sounds just perfect (would be nice to have a blackface vibrolux model in the AXE/AX8).

Great pack highly recommend to anyone who loves American amps and speakers.

I bought the pack one of the first days it was available, as I'm a Fender amp guy and there's not a lot of Fender style IRs and I think they are absolutely lovely. The C10NS sounds just perfect (would be nice to have a blackface vibrolux model in the AXE/AX8).

Great pack highly recommend to anyone who loves American amps and speakers.

Great to hear, you like it! And i really have to say, that the actual Amp, the all original Vibrolux from 1965 sounds just amazing in real! Great Amps back the times ... :)

Really the first time I felt in love with the Fender Clean/Chrunchtone when i tried these. I´m absolute hooked on the Super Reverb....

And the lonestarclip above - wow........what a fat tone.........

Yes the Lonestar clip is really amazing. World be curious to see the preset
Unfortunately, i did`nt save the presets, `cause i did`nt put mch work into. Just grabbed the FOCUS_CAB IR and for the Mesa i used the TX Star Lead and tweaked shortly the Drive, BMT, Presence knobs a bit for the used guitar to my likings, as i did for the other Sound samples. Nothing special ...

Yes the Lonestar clip is really amazing. World be curious to see the preset
If you got good IR´s - like the CabIR´s - there´s no need for much tweaking......maybe a good guitar an tone in your fingers.....what we all are looking for........but these IR´s in these packs are good helper to get a great gone faster without many tweakings.

These sound great. I am not really into Fender amps, but I might buy these anyway :)

I used to have a MusicMan Sixty-Five 2x10 combo (Solid State preamp, 6L6 tube power amp), which I really regret selling. It had the sweetest clean sound ever.

These sound great. I am not really into Fender amps, but I might buy these anyway :)

I used to have a MusicMan Sixty-Five 2x10 combo (Solid State preamp, 6L6 tube power amp), which I really regret selling. It had the sweetest clean sound ever.

Yeah, the Sixty-five was the lower watted brother of the 112RP, which sounds also awesome for cleans, but the Drive Channel is due to it`s preamp schematics really weird, but the Clean Channel is awesome. Although the Sixty Five sounds certainly different than the RP112 One Hundred, just because the different speakers built in ...

The drives from the SixtyFive certainly had character, but it wasn't versatile. The cleans though :)

I actually think mine had JBLs in it. But it was before I got real interested in the speakers :)

I picked up the cab pack a few days ago, going to give it a go tomorrow. I had purchased the VX-CA30TB Blue pack and love how polished and professional they sound right out of the box. No fuss no muss just plug and play. Stay tuned

I picked up the cab pack a few days ago, going to give it a go tomorrow. I had purchased the VX-CA30TB Blue pack and love how polished and professional they sound right out of the box. No fuss no muss just plug and play. Stay tuned

Great you like the Vox IR library! Please let us stay tuned, what you think about the USA COMBOS :) At least i am always very interested in honest feedback! Thanks!
Markus

Oh My !!! I just did a quick tour of the USA combo bundle. Marvelous detail and focus on cleans with a twin using fender cabs (4 x 10 and 2 x 10) . I also tried the Lonestar on a Mark IV, sounds as good as any 4 x 12 with a tight low end. I did absolutely no tweaking everything sound polished and ready to use. And for great funk and in your face tones the RP 112 cuts through a mix with authority. Thanks again, Perry.

Back
Top Bottom