cabIR.eu CORE 4 TONE starter pack

Test with the Fender Tweed IR's from the latest CabIr.eu Cab Pack: "Core 4 Tone" with the Fender Double Verb Vib (Factory Preset slightly modified by Moke's "Clean To Mean" Prest Pack) As I haven't got a practice room at the time I recorded this with smartphone at about bedroom level and sounds great.

Beautiful playing Tony!

Had a shitty day today (women!!!) and had to get rid of some agro in a c-minor-blues. This is with the 100W Plexi High in Moke Perry Moke's "clean and mean" Preset Pack "Bank A" and swoped the ir for a Mrashall ir from CabIR.eu MR-AX1960_Focus_A. It worked very well and I feel a lot better now. :cool:

So I finally installed AX8 FW9.03 today (from 8.02), and I had full intentions of experimenting with USA Combos pack, but then I got distracted by this pack remembering that I never really tried the Tweed IRs and the CU-Thiele.

The Tweed U67 (Quickstart folder) IR with the Deluxe Tweed model is spectacular and extremely versatile. I put a ColorTone wah, a Master Fuzz, a Deluxe Mindguy and some spring reverb in front and got some amazing edge of explosion blues tones. I also put a MTD and Rotary after the cab (bypassed the others) and had some great edge of breakup cleaner tones. Use volume and tone pots on the guitar, and the possibilities are endless. That lost me an hour or more.

Then I tried the CU-Thiele cab (just the Focus one) with the ODS-100 HRM That lost me another hour without adding anything but reverb and delay post cab.

These IRs sound great.

Hopefully, I will also get to try the USA combos at some point. Now it's time for lunch :)

So I finally installed AX8 FW9.03 today (from 8.02), and I had full intentions of experimenting with USA Combos pack, but then I got distracted by this pack remembering that I never really tried the Tweed IRs and the CU-Thiele.

The Tweed U67 (Quickstart folder) IR with the Deluxe Tweed model is spectacular and extremely versatile. I put a ColorTone wah, a Master Fuzz, a Deluxe Mindguy and some spring reverb in front and got some amazing edge of explosion blues tones. I also put a MTD and Rotary after the cab (bypassed the others) and had some great edge of breakup cleaner tones. Use volume and tone pots on the guitar, and the possibilities are endless. That lost me an hour or more.

Then I tried the CU-Thiele cab (just the Focus one) with the ODS-100 HRM That lost me another hour without adding anything but reverb and delay post cab.

These IRs sound great.

Hopefully, I will also get to try the USA combos at some point. Now it's time for lunch :)
WOW..you are so right about that CU-Thiele ! The focus cab has, I think from my initial noodling, finally brought me very fooking close to that $100000 clean punchy Dumbly tone I’ve been looking for...for ten bucks.

Is there much difference between the 1x12 EV in the Starter Pack and the one in the USA combos pack?

Haven't tried the one in the combo pack yet, but the cabinets are very different. One it's a closed back ported cab, and the other is open back.

These IRs sound great.

:) Well, sometimes i`m wondering, people spent their hard earned money and don`t even try, what they bought, ... on the other hand .. there`s still a cheap Behringer analog amp sim box, i shoted cheaply just for fun and out of curiosity and also even treid it till to date ... *grmpf ...

Anyhow, ... great to hear, you like the FE-TWEED and CU-THIELE IRs so far! Hope, they won`t rip off too much time, finally, they should do quite the opposite - easy and fast great tone results ;)

WOW..you are so right about that CU-Thiele ! The focus cab has, I think from my initial noodling, finally brought me very fooking close to that $100000 clean punchy Dumbly tone I’ve been looking for...for ten bucks.

... WOW ... [What still can i say?]

Is there much difference between the 1x12 EV in the Starter Pack and the one in the USA combos pack?
Well, as @Smittefar stated: The cabinet constructions for the EV12L `s in the CU-THIELE and MM-RP112 are quite different, also the speakers separates about 30 years of production ... but to give a true answer, i think, i should do a direct audio comparison, so you can judge yourself ...

Originally, I bought the core tone pack for the AC30 speaker (which is still great). The others were just an added bonus :) The fall (and especially Xmas) was very busy musicwise, and I didn't really have time for experimentation. Now things have settled down, so I can dig back in to the machine ;)

Anyway - Per @yek 's request, I actually did an audio comparison, so here is roughly two minutes and 30 seconds of EV12L fun - six clips in total

Clean arpeggios
1 ODS clean - Thiele cab Focus CAB, Speaker resonance set to 120 Hz in the amp block (as recommended by CabIR)
2 ODS clean (same settings) - MM cab Focus Cab, Speaker resonance 60 Hz (apparently I turned off the delay by mistake for this one)

Overdriven chords
3 ODS HRM - Thiele cab Focus CAB, Speaker resonance 120 Hz
4 ODS HRM (same settings) - MM cab Focus Cab, Speaker resonance 60 Hz (for the final E chord i switch back to the Thiele as well, you'll hear it)

A bit of lead over a loop
5 ODS HRM - Thiele Cab - Speaker resonance 100 Hz (stock setting for ODS HRM)
6 ODS HRM - MM Focus Cab - Speaker resonance 100 Hz (stock setting for ODS HRM)

Here's the file https://niltechnology-my.sharepoint...03d4&authkey=ARPt7bl3PTuQFt97WVPbQ8A&e=usQhLv

EDIT: Apologies: I now see that I have a lo-cut at 80Hz AND proximity at 2 @120 Hz for the Thiele Cab while the other one is set flat. DAMN, must check such things :)

Last edited:
Morphosis,
Im trying decide between this 4 core tone and USA Combo 5 pack bundle. I'm playing modern country and old rock roll SRV, Eric Johnson, Dire Straits. What would you recommend.

Thank you

Morphosis,
Im trying decide between this 4 core tone and USA Combo 5 pack bundle. I'm playing modern country and old rock roll SRV, Eric Johnson, Dire Straits. What would you recommend.

Thank you

Hi Niko,

Of the musical styles you mentioned, I would also rather agree with @Smittefar, but if I think "Country", then I would find the FE-TWEED library again very exciting - they sound very lively and "tweedish", at Knopfler i tend to the the Vibrolux libraries, whereas the 65` Vibrolux sounds a bit "softer" and "rounder" with the old Jensen ceramics, while the Eminence Alnico's from the 91` Custom Vibrolux sound a bit "firmer" and a bit "clearer". The old CTS speakers from the Super Reverb, however, bring their own character, sound somehow "hollow" and shred mad even if you combine them with a bassman and here with a bit more distortion and it should be very "vintage" :)
For SRV and old school rock, on the other hand, I feel very attracted to the MR-CB71 IRs with the old '71 Pre-Rola G12M25 Greenback Celestions. They offer beautiful low midrange and just with a Strat they deliver a great, fat classic rock sound.
Best i'll write you a PM :)

Originally, I bought the core tone pack for the AC30 speaker (which is still great). The others were just an added bonus :) The fall (and especially Xmas) was very busy musicwise, and I didn't really have time for experimentation. Now things have settled down, so I can dig back in to the machine ;)

Anyway - Per @yek 's request, I actually did an audio comparison, so here is roughly two minutes and 30 seconds of EV12L fun - six clips in total

Clean arpeggios
1 ODS clean - Thiele cab Focus CAB, Speaker resonance set to 120 Hz in the amp block (as recommended by CabIR)
2 ODS clean (same settings) - MM cab Focus Cab, Speaker resonance 60 Hz (apparently I turned off the delay by mistake for this one)

Overdriven chords
3 ODS HRM - Thiele cab Focus CAB, Speaker resonance 120 Hz
4 ODS HRM (same settings) - MM cab Focus Cab, Speaker resonance 60 Hz (for the final E chord i switch back to the Thiele as well, you'll hear it)

A bit of lead over a loop
5 ODS HRM - Thiele Cab - Speaker resonance 100 Hz (stock setting for ODS HRM)
6 ODS HRM - MM Focus Cab - Speaker resonance 100 Hz (stock setting for ODS HRM)

Here's the file https://niltechnology-my.sharepoint...03d4&authkey=ARPt7bl3PTuQFt97WVPbQ8A&e=usQhLv

EDIT: Apologies: I now see that I have a lo-cut at 80Hz AND proximity at 2 @120 Hz for the Thiele Cab while the other one is set flat. DAMN, must check such things :)

Wow! Great EV12L comparison of the CU-THIELE vs. MM-RP112 libraries! Thanks so much @Smittefar, sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom