Bug? Cab Selection Locks Axe Fx II (v15.0)

kruzty

Inspired
I updated to v15 last night and was playing it for awhile without issue. Then I decided to try some of the new factory UR cabs. Again, I played through some without issue. Then, I landed on the Triptik cab and tried it for a few seconds then scrolled off and the axe locked up (no more sound, front panel / MFC buttons not responsive). I restarted the axe and tried again. I scrolled through some of the cabs and it locked up again on the Triptik cab (I wasn't trying to stop on it, just scrolling somewhat fast through the cabs).

Model: Axe Fx II (Mark I)
Input Method: front panel
MFC Connected: Yes
USB Connected: Yes (windows 8.1)
USB Driver: latest (NOT beta)
Fractal Bot / Axe Edit Connected: No
CPU Usage (I checked that preset after I rebooted): 71%
Amp: Model: Tucana 3

I tried but could not reproduce either. Only difference was I am using a Macbook. Will try later with the Win 8.1 laptop.

I don't know that this matters, but I was strumming while scrolling through the cabs. That's really what threw me - all of the sudden the audio stopped. When I tried it without audio it worked, but that may just be coincidence.

I got it to happen again today once, but then tried for 10 more minutes or so and couldn't. When it locked up it was on a completely different cab (some user cab). I'll report back if I can find a consistent pattern.

A possible explanation is that some data is corrupt.
Maybe because fw 15 added more scratch pad slots.

Backup your presets and user cabs.
Use RESET SYSTEM DATA in UTILITY.
Then reload all presets and user cabs into your Axe-Fx.

You're not using globals blocks?

So, after the last post (a couple of weeks ago) I loaded all the updated factory presets then loaded my presets back. I did this after upgrading to 15.02 I hadn't had the preset I was using cause any problems since then. However, today I just copied that preset to use a different amp and cab with it. The preset froze when I was playing, so I rebooted. Now, it will freeze as soon as the axe starts or when I switch to it (if I change the MFC preset I can get the axe to start on another preset). I have attached the preset.

Attachments

• Upper Kruzt.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom