Cab pre-amp...I'm derping here.

jpelzel

I'm not familiar with this technique or real life counterpart so pardon. Is this supposed to be like a pre-amp for the microphone that's being used type of thing?

Is it some sort of pre-amp that some people use between the amp in cab? Never heard of that but what do I know?

Or maybe just something cool just made up for the modelling world?

Why is it part of the cab instead of it's own type of block?

The audio subtleties of it are kinda lost to me so I'll likely not bother with it much. But it's just alien to me and want to understand. Helps me to follow along in the conversation.

Thanks!

It is simulating the mic preamp (aka, channel strip) of a mixing console. At first I didn't make the connection to the cab block... But it makes sense if you think about it.

In a traditional rig you would have: amp-> cab-> mic-> mic preamp.

In the Axe Fx, the cab and mic are in the same block, and now so is the preamp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you mic a cab, you typically run those mics into a fancy channel strip, Tape Deck, or preamp before it hits the DAW. These will usually add warmth and stuff like that.

I really wish Cliff would give some sort of explanation since the names are pretty vague.

When you mic a cab, you typically run those mics into a fancy channel strip, Tape Deck, or preamp before it hits the DAW. These will usually add warmth and stuff like that.

I really wish Cliff would give some sort of explanation since the names are pretty vague.

He said in another thread that he was not going to say, and to "use your ears" [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys. Put simply like that it does make some sense now.

Never dealt with channel strips or mic pre's or whatnot. Never really been outside of the digital realm.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom