Cab Pan Followed by Delay Question

Axeman

Experienced
I have a cab IR that is panned left. It sounds fine with the delay (after the cab) off. But when I turn the delay on, only the first dry note is panned left and then all delayed notes are center. Is this what is supposed to happen? Why is IR panning only related to the dry signal? Shouldn't the cab represent all signals?

I have a cab IR that is panned left. It sounds fine with the delay (after the cab) off. But when I turn the delay on, only the first dry note is panned left and then all delayed notes are center. Is this what is supposed to happen? Why is IR panning only related to the dry signal? Shouldn't the cab represent all signals?
Is the delay a stereo delay?

Is the delay a stereo delay?

2290 with mod. Everything set to center so not using an stereo panning on the delay black. To test it again, I used a mono delay block instead. Before it is a cab with an IR panned full -100. The first dry note pans full left and then all the delayed notes are in the center.

To summarize what Chris is saying: you’re using a mono delay after a left panned stereo cab block. You could pan the delay left, or put it before the cab (there should be no difference in the sound of the delay before or after the cab)

Back
Top Bottom