Cab Packs?

Can't help you if you can't help us first. What styles of music do you play, what are some real world cabinet and speaker combo's you've liked, what are some of your favorite factory IR's, etc

Also you can read about what IRs are available in each cab pack. I see since you are running Eminence speakers they will effect your IR Tone. You might like that effect, but I'm saying they won't be flat sounding like say studio reference monitors (like Mackie 824's) or CLR's are. For me, I like to use cab IR's on a flat (non colored) sounding speaker/box so that the true sound of the IR is heard and not mixed in with the coloration tone of the speaker. Just trying to help... :eagerness:

Your best bet is to search for sound samples that YOU like. I feel like everyone has a slightly different preferance to what they want.

Another good option is the Ownhammer 2x12 bundle. It includes something like 25 different speakers, so you can really hear the differences all with the same cab. Helps give you an idea what styles of speakers you like the tone of, and then you can purchase some packs that feature those styles

Can't help you if you can't help us first. What styles of music do you play, what are some real world cabinet and speaker combo's you've liked, what are some of your favorite factory IR's, etc

New cover band project. Maroon 5, AC/DC, U2, 80's pop stuff. Amps used Marshall, Fender, Vox sims.

Also you can read about what IRs are available in each cab pack. I see since you are running Eminence speakers they will effect your IR Tone. You might like that effect, but I'm saying they won't be flat sounding like say studio reference monitors (like Mackie 824's) or CLR's are. For me, I like to use cab IR's on a flat (non colored) sounding speaker/box so that the true sound of the IR is heard and not mixed in with the coloration tone of the speaker. Just trying to help... :eagerness:
Will be using an EV powered monitor, not usuai amp and cabinet

New cover band project. Maroon 5, AC/DC, U2, 80's pop stuff. Amps used Marshall, Fender, Vox sims.

Well the best Fender sounds IMO are in Cab Pack 15. (It has the Keith Urban Fender in it after all.)

Personally I use Cab Pack 8 for all my Marshall duties. It's made by me so obviously I'm going to say that but until this day I've never heard one bad thing said about that pack. I'm sure you've heard the hype.

Vox however is a trickier one. I have a 1964 Vox AC30 Treble Boost coming to my studio tomorrow. That's all I'm going to say at this moment. Cab Pack 4 has some Vox IRs in it but there are some stock IRs for that also.

Truthfully if you're on a tight budget I suggest you invest in the IRs you use for higher gain as cleaner tones do not necessarily require a perfect mic position to sound good. High gain can easily sound a bit nasty if the IR isn't good.

Well the best Fender sounds IMO are in Cab Pack 15. (It has the Keith Urban Fender in it after all.)

Personally I use Cab Pack 8 for all my Marshall duties. It's made by me so obviously I'm going to say that but until this day I've never heard one bad thing said about that pack. I'm sure you've heard the hype.

Vox however is a trickier one. I have a 1964 Vox AC30 Treble Boost coming to my studio tomorrow. That's all I'm going to say at this moment. Cab Pack 4 has some Vox IRs in it but there are some stock IRs for that also.

Truthfully if you're on a tight budget I suggest you invest in the IRs you use for higher gain as cleaner tones do not necessarily require a perfect mic position to sound good. High gain can easily sound a bit nasty if the IR isn't good.

Does that mean we'll finally be able to get some decent / authentic ac30tb ir's?? Blues and silvers?????

I recently got the ownhammer ampeg 410 and 210 ones.
For me a little difficult to choose between all Ir's available there. And to get a good bass tone.
Needs a lot of tweeking but helps a lot. FAS ccabs (the ones that come with the unit) for bass are very very weak...

Back
Top Bottom