Cab packs, a few basic questions…

stereotactic

Experienced
Hello all, I recently upgraded to the MK2 Turbo due to increased CPU, and to take advantage of Room IRs. I am interested in buying some aftermarket cab packs and have a few basic questions I’m hoping you can help me with:

Is it correct to say that not all cab packs on the fractal site are Ultra Res, and that if they are Ultra Res they will say so in the description?

I noticed that none of the cab packs list whether or not they have Room IR captures for the speakers featured in the cab packs. How do I known if a particular cab pack has room captures? Or are the only ones available the few Axe 3 stock IRs that come with the unit?

My two main sounds are high gain and mostly clean, as in my Pro Reverb with EV SROs. Any opinions on which producers have the best IRs in these categories?

Thanks in advance for any input…

In the stock cab list we have the 1x12 deluxe impulses. One of them is with a EV SRO.

Really great sounding too. One of my favorites stock in the Axe.

With ultra res, yes if you’re looking on the fractal site it says whether they are ultra res or not.

Fractals own packs on the site show in the description there are A and B room captures made.

For the other brands packs I’m not 1000% sure for all of them.

Hello all, I recently upgraded to the MK2 Turbo due to increased CPU, and to take advantage of Room IRs. I am interested in buying some aftermarket cab packs and have a few basic questions I’m hoping you can help me with:

Is it correct to say that not all cab packs on the fractal site are Ultra Res, and that if they are Ultra Res they will say so in the description?

I noticed that none of the cab packs list whether or not they have Room IR captures for the speakers featured in the cab packs. How do I known if a particular cab pack has room captures? Or are the only ones available the few Axe 3 stock IRs that come with the unit?

My two main sounds are high gain and mostly clean, as in my Pro Reverb with EV SROs. Any opinions on which producers have the best IRs in these categories?

Thanks in advance for any input…
Any IR that is at least 200ms long can be imported as Ultra-Res, so most 3rd party IR makers will work for that. You can check different IR producers’ products to see who offers room captures. Most of my packs (www.yorkaudio.co) have multiple room captures, and the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual and FTWN 212 D120 packs have longer stereo room captures to use as Ultra-Res or FullRes.

If you want to use Room captures, I recommend saving them as FullRes files. It gives you more of the room’s natural decay due to the longer IR length.

I hope this helps.
-Justin York

Any IR that is at least 200ms long can be imported as Ultra-Res, so most 3rd party IR makers will work for that. You can check different IR producers’ products to see who offers room captures. Most of my packs (www.yorkaudio.co) have multiple room captures, and the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual and FTWN 212 D120 packs have longer stereo room captures to use as Ultra-Res or FullRes.

If you want to use Room captures, I recommend saving them as FullRes files. It gives you more of the room’s natural decay due to the longer IR length.

I hope this helps.
-Justin York
Thanks Justin, it’s stereo room captures I’m after. The YA stereo room IRs included with the Axe 3 sound great. Are you planning on doing any for the Orange cabinets?

Thanks Justin, it’s stereo room captures I’m after. The YA stereo room IRs included with the Axe 3 sound great. Are you planning on doing any for the Orange cabinets?
Thanks! I’m glad you like the ones in the Fractal. I’m making stereo room captures for products moving forward, but probably won’t make them for past products. If I ever do a new version of the Orange, it will have them.

Back
Top Bottom