Cab packs 11 and 12, FW19 & 5153 100w Red demo in drop-c!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Are you guys getting tired of my clips yet? :D

I wanted to make a demo for the 5150 III cab with the EVH speakers because it has such a unique sound!
This was also a good opportunity to make a good Ampeg bass sound with cab pack 11.
I put some thicker strings on my white Jim Root telecaster yesterday so I tuned it down to drop-C.
If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them here!
Enjoy:

Yeah it's heavy rock/metal again LOL.
Maybe I'll make a milder clip soon....

Thanks guys!
It's a unique sound that this cab has but it's great for metal and heavy rock.
What does Mikko think? :)

I'm speechless? ;)

Once again there's no need for me to say how awesome that clip sounds since everyone with a pair of ears agrees. :D The strengths of this Cab Pack 12 is the way chords with multiple notes ring out. It's sort of a "kerrang" type of thing but there's something extremely djenty about it. Overall Cab Pack 12 has the most low end out of all my packs! Huge low end! Also it's a bit middle scooped.

Personally I use it with vintagey amps and Marshally amps that have a lot of mids in them. This pack automaticly scoops some of that vintagey middle out and adds some serious bottom end which is lacking in some of the Marshalls. So it's kind of a Marshall balancer in a way. :)

Awesome job on the clip Jon! I'm glad that you're happy with these packs and spending time getting to know them. :)

Dude how exactly did you get this sound? I have the cab pack 12 5153, but I'm totally new to this cab thing.. how do i load the ir to my presets? tried out axe edit, but its not doing it...
or could you post the preset?

Don't get me wrong, i like most of the cabs in there, but it just doesn't sound like yours. But it might be the mix/master you've done to the clip maybe?

anyways: GREAT SOUND ON THAT CLIP;)

Back
Top Bottom