CAB PACK ONE - WELLSPRING SOUND - Now Available!

I'm an Ultra user and I haven't gone into the IR side of it yet, but I'm interested.

Has anybody tried the new Cab Pack on an Ultra yet, and if so, with what results?

Also, are there some instructions I can download so that i can understand more before purchasing?

Thanks!

I have the pack I am using with my standard and it sounds great. Lots of options for clean-mid gain amps. The second pack will be the higher gain cabs.

I have bought this package for my Ultra, but the installation instructions refers me to midi-ox, but using that tool it seems that I will have to load every single of the ~200 .syx files separately to the Ultra. Surely there must be a better way?

I have bought this package for my Ultra, but the installation instructions refers me to midi-ox, but using that tool it seems that I will have to load every single of the ~200 .syx files separately to the Ultra. Surely there must be a better way?

You only load the ones you want ... On the Ultra there are 10 User slots for cabs - if I remember correctly?

You need to load a cab IR into one of the 10 user cab slots, you can't load more that 10 in total.

Any ideas in plan for payment with paypal? I did not have any credit card (and i won`t), these are in europe not as popular as in USA. Secondly: Why are the IRs offered only in .syx format? If it`s called "Producer (!) pack", i will do act with them like producers: Mixing different Mic- / Preamp-flavours with different Mixer channels in my DAW. Therefore, .wav are needed;) Any plans for that? Cannot understand to offer these cabs only in proprietary Axe-Fx format. I`m willing to pay for, but then i want them use, as i need - in the DAW.

Dear Balzag

Try the Mix-Versions first, those are the essence of this pack! Enjoy it - I'm sure you will! :)

Any ideas in plan for payment with paypal? I did not have any credit card (and i won`t), these are in europe not as popular as in USA. Secondly: Why are the IRs offered only in .syx format? If it`s called "Producer (!) pack", i will do act with them like producers: Mixing different Mic- / Preamp-flavours with different Mixer channels in my DAW. Therefore, .wav are needed;) Any plans for that? Cannot understand to offer these cabs only in proprietary Axe-Fx format. I`m willing to pay for, but then i want them use, as i need - in the DAW.

I think they are call "Producer Pack" because they were produced by producers. :-/

I think they are call "Producer Pack" because they were produced by producers. :-/

*lol ... For sure, but you get the point, right? For example, mixing own flavors from the 4 individual mics could be done in the axe by using two stereo cabs in parallel. But it`s ressource hungry and uncomfortable. If they are miced up not mechanical, but by ear with purpose to mix them, i can imagine that single mic may sound ok, but the magic happens when mixing different mics together. I don`t get the point, why FAS decide this "protection" policy. On the one hand it is an optional product with own pricing, on the other hand i am willing to pay for, but cannot work with it in a comfortable way, it could be (and should be imho). And it seems it is protection policy, when forum members show, that reformating THESE cabs from .syx to .wav with known convertors does NOT work. This customer policy is unconvincing and limiting the usability of that product, imho, sorry that i have to say that, but thats my opinion about it.

But ok, it`s FAS decision how they want do business, but i would love if they rethink this issue.

I need to know this too. I've only ever used AE. Should I use the sysExLibrarian for Mac, or is the water safe with AE to do this? So the question is - how do I install them? I never saw that answered after the question above. I may have missed it though . . .

Will the other 4x12"s from FW10 come in some other pack? Alternate mixes of TV and AX cabs?

Hey guys my AFXii should be arriving any minute now in the mail (can't wait!) and I just purchased this cab pack. I've opened fractal bot to see how the download is supposed to work and I'm a bit confused. You have to load individual cabs in one at a time or is there a way to put the whole thing in there at once? Also, someone previously mentioned you can only have ten at a time or something like that...

Hey guys my AFXii should be arriving any minute now in the mail (can't wait!) and I just purchased this cab pack. I've opened fractal bot to see how the download is supposed to work and I'm a bit confused. You have to load individual cabs in one at a time or is there a way to put the whole thing in there at once? Also, someone previously mentioned you can only have ten at a time or something like that...

The AFX-II can hold 100 cabs, if you're using FW 10.x; I'm using FW 10.6, and I show 100 user-cab slots. they can be loaded, one at a time, into whichever user slot you select, using the Bot.
I'm a little fuzzy on this, but I seem to recall that you can have only 50 user-cabs if you're using firmware earlier than 10.x in the AFX-II.
I think the Axe Ultra only allowed 10 user-cabs.

G66 - PRODUCER PACK :)

Nice review (with sound samples)

EDIT: inserted english version....sorry :eek:ops

Kinda funny how they kept saying it was the straight amp first, then with IR, and the recording would be the reverse.

The Fearn and Massenburg mixes are my favorites of both the Super Verb and Plexi clips. Very sweet and pink sounding, especially the Super Verb tone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom