Cab Pack - ML USA Combos - Clean Preview of all combos

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
This is a very raw and clean demonstration of what these combos sound like straight out of the box. It's 100% unprocessed with my Stratocaster (neck pickup on the left and bridge pickup on the right) and the IR's doing their thing with pretty much default amp settings on the Axe-Fx. Enjoy!

ML USA Tweed:

ML USA Black:

ML USA Blue:

ML USA Brown:

For more information on the pack please visit the product page of this Cab Pack: http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_ML_USA_Combos_p/fas-801-0031.htm

Thank you guys for watching and I'd love to get some feedback! Do you guys like this type of raw "what you hear is what you get" type of samples rather than hearing the sounds in a mix context? I think I'll try to provide both.

Cheers!

Nicely done!

Raw or in the mix? Both have value. To get the complete picture, I think you need both. When I'm checking out an amp, I want to hear what it can do all by itself. But I don't really know the whole picture until I've heard it in context.

Though I'm not sure I'd call these completely raw. Panning the bridge pickup to one side and the neck pickup to the other is a kind of stereo processing that's unavailable to most people. Still, I love being able to hear amp and cab together, with no other blocks or instruments.

Sure, thank you for the feedback. Doing that stereo thing is definitely doubling so for bands with just one guitarist playing live in mono it may be a different story. :)

The ML USA Tweed gets my vote!
It is definitely the most unique one out of the bunch in that it's just as full as a 4x12 in it's sound if not even fuller. That will remain the foundation and original spark for the whole pack. :) I just love how all of these have a clear different sound to them even when playing clean tones. Try this out: Set up a clean preset and try different 4x12 IR's through that preset. You will not hear a huge difference. That simply can't happen because the EQ structure of most 4x12 Celestion IR's is very similar. So the "spank" and "sustain" and everything will remain the same. You don't have much control over that. Just listening to these clips in the first post tells you the kind of control you can get with different types of IR's better suited for cleaner tones.

I agree with having both for the sake of contrast. The tweed and usa brown are my favs. You just can't beat that strat twang. But the brown has great rhythm characteristics too in my opinion. Keep up the awesome work ML!

I agree with having both for the sake of contrast. The tweed and usa brown are my favs. You just can't beat that strat twang. But the brown has great rhythm characteristics too in my opinion. Keep up the awesome work ML!
Cheers and thank you so much for the quick review! :)

Back
Top Bottom