Cab Pack: ML Brit Collection II

Loved a LOT of the G12H IR's. Mostly the creambacks but some black backs. Good balanced tone, plenty of balls - nice work! Going thru the Greenbacks today they all seem to be quite bright, not a lot of meat to them. They'll work better with darker sounding amps. I guess they'd sit well in a mix but I'm not so sure live unless you mix some together. I'm going for individual mic IR's that stand on their own. Still have to try your presets.

edit: just started getting to the 65's, wow! kicking my butt!!! (can't wait to dig into that 4x10)

Last edited:
Loving this pack man!! That g12-65 57mix with any Marshall is just divine. Combined with v6 fw then I'm getting some serious tone, the thump and 3d-ness of the cab just feels right.

I spend a couple of hours just with 3 of the presets from the bundle...wow...very ballsy sounding. I cut some snippets from this recording tomorrow ands post it. The best presets for my kind of playing you've ever done Mikko. ;)

Mikko did already a great vid of the Cab Pack, that's why i did a little video of 3 of those presets in this Cab Pack to give people an idea how they translate to a different set-up and fingers. Very punchy and great sounding. Just like a real amp. Again no FOH, only 1 Matrix Q12a loud in my practice room. I have to dig in more, as they are lots of more cabs and presets, but so far they all good right from the bat. ;)

I would love some really good alternative G12-65 cabs to use with my Dumble-ish patches, since I have never been quite satisfied with the upper mids on what I have been using from other sources. Wish I could justify dropping that much coin on a trial run, or that you'd offer up a less comprehensive pack.

Haha, I can't believe this! I just bought that 4x10 Marshall cab a month ago and I think it sounds incredible. Definitely a keeper. And now you end up making impulses out of it! 5/5

Great job! I'll grab this pack for sure when I just get my hands on my Christmas bonuses ('veronpalautukset', as we say here in Finland).

Also digging the fact that we get a decent G12-65 at last! And a G12-H! Oh wait, there's actually two of them! Hope you will find a pre-rola G12-H at some point to shoot the hell out of it.

Here is another short vid from last night testing the ir's with my live patches and well, I had the same problems with the Dumble's as @greiswig - I was just testing my main high gain amp SLO100 and I don't know but I tried the Dumble HRM. Both presets are commercial from Fremen and are in the fw5 update of his amazing presets. That's why I can't share them. With fw6 now they are even better than ever. I was a bit tired after over 3 hours tweaking - so don't mind the playing.

Last edited:
For a change I did some recording last night. My band hasn't got a rehearsing room and for new songs he sends me the basic track with acoustic guitar and drums., so can practice at home with it. For fun I did put some Rhythm and Lead guitars on the basic track. I think the songs is called: "Love Runs Out"

No post processing - I tweaked a bit this commercial preset from Fremen and used from the ML Brit collection II Cab Pack the ir's ML Brit CB SM57 + ML Brit CB M160. Very smooth....

To shorten the clip I cut it down to the Intro, middle solo and end solo...

For a change I did some recording last night. My band hasn't got a rehearsing room and for new songs he sends me the basic track with acoustic guitar and drums., so can practice at home with it. For fun I did put some Rhythm and Lead guitars on the basic track. I think the songs is called: "Love Runs Out"

No post processing - I tweaked a bit this commercial preset from Fremen and used from the ML Brit collection II Cab Pack the ir's ML Brit CB SM57 + ML Brit CB M160. Very smooth....

To shorten the clip I cut it down to the Intro, middle solo and end solo...

I'm getting serious David Gilmour vibes from this clip!! That's rare. :) Oh boy does it sound real and old... just like the cab looked. ;)

Here is another short vid from last night testing the ir's with my live patches and well, I had the same problems with the Dumble's as @greiswig ....

Great playing, Herr BB! You know your way around a fretboard. Hard for me to gauge the tone from a YouTube clip, though. Do you feel Mikko managed to capture those nice mids that the G12-65 has...better than others have managed? I'll shell out $80 to get the goods, but I would hate to get more of the same for that price.

Great playing, Herr BB! You know your way around a fretboard. Hard for me to gauge the tone from a YouTube clip, though. Do you feel Mikko managed to capture those nice mids that the G12-65 has...better than others have managed? I'll shell out $80 to get the goods, but I would hate to get more of the same for that price.

Did you try the 12-65 from cabir.eu?
I was about the get that one, but reconcider if is no good.

Did you try the 12-65 from cabir.eu?
I was about the get that one, but reconcider if is no good.

No, I did not. Some of the best I've found were Buddy's and the Suhr cab from Mikko, but still not finding what I hear out of my own cab. I might have to try shooting my own IR, but I suspect it will sound even worse since I don't know what I'm doing.

Back
Top Bottom