Cab Pack irs

mgavin

Experienced
I don't have a lot of money to throw at cab pack irs , I've found some great ones in the free ultra res ir thread... Does anyone have a favorite cab pack? I'm looking for a great lead tone...

"Great lead tone" can mean many things. What style of music do you play?

Definitely check out the OwnHammer V3 series libraries. They're 5 bucks a pop and are top-notch. He's s got bunch of different cabs and speakers to choose from, so it shouldn't be hard to find exactly what you're looking for.

I got all CK CabPacks , For groggy mesa tone , I would recommend CabPack 7 , for more Marshall smooth tone get CabPack 8 , CabPack 9 is great for proggy too , but a bit less bottom end than CabPack 7 ;)

Definitely check out the OwnHammer V3 series libraries. They're 5 bucks a pop and are top-notch. He's s got bunch of different cabs and speakers to choose from, so it shouldn't be hard to find exactly what you're looking for.

+1 If in doubt just download the marshall freebie!

OH's new ala carte pricing model is fantastic. Not to say that the Fractal packs aren't priced well of course, they are amazing bang for the buck too.

But still, $5 is such a great low price to get to try something new out. Basically pack your lunch instead of eating out one day and you've got a new set of IR's.

Where are the own hammer ultra res? I only see high res available? And I don't see where their marshal freebie is...? Might just have to pick a Clark Kent. But I can't make up my mind which one yet. I don't know the sound differences between them yet...

For the free one, go to the store home page, click on V3 Mix Libraries. Then click the "HERE" located next to the picture of the microphones. The download button is on the bottom of the next screen. It's a good way to see how the packs are laid out with individual mic's and mix files as well. You just have to import the ultra res files with Cab Lab.

You might like the Mesa cab with the V30 EN 08 speaker. That's one of my favorite speakers, and it sounds great in that cab, the Bogner, the Checkerboard Marshall, Diezel.. The fun is getting to experiment.

People love OwnHammer packs and people love CK packs. They're both great, but sound very different, so it's just a matter of finding what works best for you.

Happy tone-hunting!

I'm not going to engage on this topic beyond this as I do not find it tasteful or appropriate to do so as this question was directed at the community, not the developers. However, if it helps to anyone who may be reading this thread, the free OH V3 library can most easily be accessed by clicking on the big word "Free" in the global website header that is at the top of every page on the OwnHammer website. :)

Where are the own hammer ultra res? I only see high res available? And I don't see where their marshal freebie is...? Might just have to pick a Clark Kent. But I can't make up my mind which one yet. I don't know the sound differences between them yet...

don't quote me on this but I do not think that outside ir makers can offer ultra res, I think it is a fas thing, but with cab lab there are ir's in the OH packs that are very easy converted to ur in cab lab!!!. as far as which ones I like the v3 OH very well for some patches but find the ck ir's better in others. there are also some very good ir's on this forum from axe users that you should try!! there is a post on this forum that links many of these ir's http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...481-compilation-thread-free-ultrares-irs.html

Last edited:
I have a question: what is the difference between Hi-res, Ultra-res, normal res (is there a normal res), etc? Which is best? Ultra?

I have a question: what is the difference between Hi-res, Ultra-res, normal res (is there a normal res), etc? Which is best? Ultra?

Ultra-Res is a proprietary feature from Fractal taking longer impulse lengths and somehow captures more accurately all the little peaks within the frequency response of the given impulse, and is more capable of accurately capturing the low end of the captured impulse. Seeing as how frequencies bounce around everywhere the enhanced bass frequency resolution also translates to a better sounding spectrum all over. It makes a good difference in my ears, and with the addition of the mic+di method we are in a sort of golden age of cab impulses right now.

It used to be just normal and high-res if I remember correctly until Ultra-Res was released back in FW13 IIRC.

Ultra-Res is a proprietary feature from Fractal taking longer impulse lengths and somehow captures more accurately all the little peaks within the frequency response of the given impulse, and is more capable of accurately capturing the low end of the captured impulse. Seeing as how frequencies bounce around everywhere the enhanced bass frequency resolution also translates to a better sounding spectrum all over. It makes a good difference in my ears, and with the addition of the mic+di method we are in a sort of golden age of cab impulses right now.

It used to be just normal and high-res if I remember correctly until Ultra-Res was released back in FW13 IIRC.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom