Cab Pack 23 Djents: "Vigorous Riffs"

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

I just got my first 8-string guitar and it's a Jackson with Juggernauts on it. Holy crap that's a lot of strings! :D I have to say that the pickups are both clear and dark at the same time which is rarely the case. They're kind of balanced no matter where you play on the neck. I love the feel of them.

So I instantly went to my "djent" patches I had made with my PRS guitars tuned super low. Unsurprisingly they had too much low end to them and they were too loose and all that but then I thought about the tightest pack I've made yet = Cab Pack 23 and it instantly gave this in your face sound and before I knew it I had ripped off Icarus Lives and created this clip called "Vigorous Riffs".

The IR blend I used here is kind of the "djent secret sauce mix" which requires two Alloy IR's and uses all four speakers on a 4x12 cabinet so on this 2x12 cab it's just the two speakers: SM57-MD421 Alloy blended with an SM57-SM57 Alloy. That's essentially the "djent mix" or where it's at right now. :) Feel free to experiment with it a little. You get really nice punch out of your guitar with this type of a mix.

Niiice, love the edits and the tone is thick and clear.

I just got a Keisel Vader 8. LOVE the cleans, makes a better bass than my bass, but haven't yet figured out how to get the best out of the deep end with high gain. Damn is a beautiful guitar tho, two hand clean tapping is awesome on all those strings.
That's awesome dude! At least for me it's still a bit scary to look down at this instrument without feeling a bit lost but at the same time I also feel a lot more comfortable than with a 7-string. With a 7 it was also that "one extra string" but here you have a 6-string in regular tuning and two djent strings to top it off. Kind of a simpler way of thinking about it I guess. :) I honestly haven't even tried the cleans yet but I have a coil tap and everything so I'll definitely check them out. What pickups do you have in your Kiesel?

tumblr_noz4xgJchv1tj1uzko1_1280.jpg

That's awesome dude! At least for me it's still a bit scary to look down at this instrument without feeling a bit lost but at the same time I also feel a lot more comfortable than with a 7-string. With a 7 it was also that "one extra string" but here you have a 6-string in regular tuning and two djent strings to top it off. Kind of a simpler way of thinking about it I guess. :) I honestly haven't even tried the cleans yet but I have a coil tap and everything so I'll definitely check them out. What pickups do you have in your Kiesel?

Thanks - it's the Lithiums, their own pick-ups. They pretty clear.

If I were to replace them it'd probably be Juggernauts. Them Jacksons... Man... those are some guitars!

Back
Top Bottom