Cab Pack 17 Example: Bludotone 2X12 oval back IR

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Here's a third example from this Cab Pack. This cab uses Celestion G12-65 Heritage speakers. Forgive the somewhat cliche traditional rockin' blues backing track and the all-in-one-take clams, but the purpose here is so you can hear some of that Robben Ford tone thang/mojo with this cab IR, as it's very similar to what he uses on stage.

The IRs here are Bludo 2X12 with MD 421 on the cone combined with a Cab Lab 3 Bludo 2X12 Mix IR I did with some SM57 bright added. Hope this gives you a sense of the cab IRs versatility!

https://soundcloud.com/austinbuddy/cab-pack-17-bludo-2x12-g1265h-blues-backing

Just bought Cab Pack 17, the one and only for me! ;) Will give you feedback (clips) Buddy!
First - much thanks for doing this, all you hard work and dedication.

all the best
Paco

Thanks Paco! I am sure you can create some stellar clips using these IRs! I really just want to democratize good boutique tone for those that seek it! Fractal allowed me to do so, and for that I am grateful, hope you enjoy!

Hey austinbuddy- thanks for making your cabs available. They've become my go-tos for my D type sounds- they sound really thick and punchy in the band mix, and I've really been enjoying Cab Pack 17. Thanks again man!

Hey austinbuddy- thanks for making your cabs available. They've become my go-tos for my D type sounds- they sound really thick and punchy in the band mix, and I've really been enjoying Cab Pack 17. Thanks again man!

So happy to hear that Adman103!

That was my goal, getting some boutique Dumble-like tone for the people, because the cabinet really is half the tone! There are so many great Cab Packs out there I love, but this was a real niche that really needed to be filled to make the most of the excellent AXE FX amp models. Plus, I got to sell a few of my cabs afterwards, now that the IRs nailed the cabs! ;)

I know that Cliff now has access to some other Dumble-style amp schematics and G3 measurements, so we might get some more added to the arsenal in a future firmware someday... the Skyline (non-pre-amp boost) version of the Robben Ford Ojai tan Dumble, like a Steel String Singer style, or the 70's Dave Lindley style...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom