Cab Pack 14??

FenderJunkie

Inspired
Has anyone bought this pack and found some better IR’s than what is already available as a stock cab? The stock TV is pretty legendary but are there any other mixes in that pack that are different but just as good?

Has anyone bought this pack and found some better IR’s than what is already available as a stock cab? The stock TV is pretty legendary but are there any other mixes in that pack that are different but just as good?
Stock compared to what... Axe Fx II, III, AX8?

AX8. I know there are a few stock ones from that pack, just wondering how many mixes of each cab there is. For instance I like the TV mix, is there more than one TV mix in the pack?
I'll let someone who owns the pack chime in, I was just trying to get the baseline for others to compare. ;)

I'm using Cab Pack 14 right now, specifically one of the TV cabs. Sounds really good. I'm not a Marshall guy but it works for an EP I'm mixing.

I haven't actually compared the stock TV cab with the CP14 ones side-by-side (I'm more of a Mesa guy) but I can whip up a comparison clip maybe tonight to demonstrate. What kind of amp would you like to hear with the IRs?

There's a good amount of variety in there since so you can't really go wrong. A few different brands are covered which is nice because often times when you buy a cab from another company it'll be for a single cab, you'll use 2 or 3 IRs and forget the rest. At least that's how I usually do things.

I'm using Cab Pack 14 right now, specifically one of the TV cabs. Sounds really good. I'm not a Marshall guy but it works for an EP I'm mixing.

I haven't actually compared the stock TV cab with the CP14 ones side-by-side (I'm more of a Mesa guy) but I can whip up a comparison clip maybe tonight to demonstrate. What kind of amp would you like to hear with the IRs?

There's a good amount of variety in there since so you can't really go wrong. A few different brands are covered which is nice because often times when you buy a cab from another company it'll be for a single cab, you'll use 2 or 3 IRs and forget the rest. At least that's how I usually do things.

How many mixes of each cab? For instance, there’s one TV mix, one AX mix, one Greeenback mix, one Citrus mix, etc, as stock cabs in the AX8. I like the ones they chose but if there are a few more mixes of each cab I’d definitely like to buy it and try it.

There actually aren't any mixes. The TV cab has 29 different IRs, all with different mics and positions. There's 6 SM 57 IRs for it alone. You can easily make mixes with Cab Lab or loading two of them into a cab block.

There's 223 IRs in CP14 and Cab Pack 5 included as a bonus and has 48 more TV IRS.

You'd be up to your eyeballs in options with this pack.

There actually aren't any mixes. The TV cab has 29 different IRs, all with different mics and positions. There's 6 SM 57 IRs for it alone. You can easily make mixes with Cab Lab or loading two of them into a cab block.

There's 223 IRs in CP14 and Cab Pack 5 included as a bonus and has 48 more TV IRS.

You'd be up to your eyeballs in options with this pack.

Ah, OK. I was hoping they had some alternate mixes I could try rather than mixing my own. I bought cab lab stand alone but I'm having some latency issues that is making it a nightmare to use right now. Not sure if it's my laptop or my interface. Thanks for the reply.

Ah, OK. I was hoping they had some alternate mixes I could try rather than mixing my own. I bought cab lab stand alone but I'm having some latency issues that is making it a nightmare to use right now. Not sure if it's my laptop or my interface. Thanks for the reply.

You could probably get around that by using the looper to play some riffs while you're adjusting the IR's in Cab Lab.

Latency could be a driver setting issue, assuming it doesn't have latency issues in your DAW as well.

You could probably get around that by using the looper to play some riffs while you're adjusting the IR's in Cab Lab.

Latency could be a driver setting issue, assuming it doesn't have latency issues in your DAW as well.

No, my 2i2 into Reaper works like a charm. I bought the stand alone Cab Lab and I get latency, good call on the looper though. Maybe I should have bought the VST version, not sure.

No, my 2i2 into Reaper works like a charm. I bought the stand alone Cab Lab and I get latency, good call on the looper though. Maybe I should have bought the VST version, not sure.

Maybe so. I use the VST version in every single Reaper session. You never know when you'll want to swap out a cab. I get clients who won't know exactly what they want their guitar tone to be and it's good to have the option to change cabs afterwards. I don't really mix IRs ever because I use Ownhammer mixes, but it's still a good thing to have when you get libraries like cab pack 14 that don't have any mixes. Plus, I'm pretty sure the stock TV mix came from that same IR session I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom