Cab Pack 13 or 14? cabfactory bundle?

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I'd like to give one of the new cab packs a shot but im not sure which to choose. Im torn between 13 and 14. I haven't tried any of the ML packs yet. I do play mostly high to moderate gain but nothing djent style. just good ol' classic rock. I like cab packs that have IR mixes to choose from. I was also looking to possibly try thecabfactory bundles since they have some presets.

Anyone have any recommendations on what to try first?

I'd like to give one of the new cab packs a shot but im not sure which to choose. Im torn between 13 and 14. I haven't tried any of the ML packs yet. I do play mostly high to moderate gain but nothing djent style. just good ol' classic rock. I like cab packs that have IR mixes to choose from. I was also looking to possibly try thecabfactory bundles since they have some presets.

Anyone have any recommendations on what to try first?

I've got a few of the ML packs and got some Amp Factory and Cab Factory IRs.

IMO the ML cabs are very good (especially the Bulb pack), but the Cab Factory ones are amazing. The presets that come with some of them are also stellar. It's taken me a while to get down the IR rabbit hole, but the Cab Factory cabs are the ones that give me the biggest grin and are the ones I am putting in user slots. I also think they provide the best value, although the financial outlay is significant at first if you go for the Platinum pack. Well worth it though.

All three of those packs you mentioned are completely different. I think they are all good options. :)

My approach is to give you the tools for creating "perfect sounds". I do understand the "Bulb" name in the pack title might make you think that it's a djent pack but I assure you it's not a "djent pack". I try to create these packs so they work for all types of users so if you just want a good tone quickly you have the "Alloy Aces" folder. I shot this videon demonstrating how every single IR (20 IRs) inside that folder will give you a perfect sound with just an amp and cab block in your signal chain. Take a look:

Thanks for the feedback. CK, I did actually watch that video earlier today and heard the amazing versatility of the Bulb pack. I may just end up getting both [emoji4]. It's so hard to choose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In fairness, don't rule out the Axe-Fest Germany cab pack either. Its a fantastic Greenback loaded Marshall cab and its got some great "krrrrrg" to the tone. The ML cab pack 8 is also great, but I prefer it more for cleaner sounds (strange using a 4x12 GB IR for cleans and blues so might think but hey, it works) and for the harder rock stuff, really like the German Fest pack. Just has a certain rawness and edge that suits that style of music/guitar tones really well

Back
Top Bottom