Cab Pack 13! Misha Mansoor!!!

Ok this cab pack blew my fucking mind. Can I say that on a live forum?

I have found my goto ir after spinning through several of the alloys there was one that just said, ok this is yours, import it to the axe and call it. Done. Way I see it is if you get one totally perfect IR out of a pack, then you got your money's worth and all you needed. I never expect to like most of the IR's as any cab pack goes because they should be catering to all tastes so everyone can find what they need and as long as that is there, its a 5 star pack.

So with the bass pack and this one, I think I got it all.

Until the next one is out anyways... ;)

Hahaha.. well what's coming next will be completely different to this one. :)

Mikko do you have specific settings for the Speaker Res page?

(Sorry if that has already been answered)

I'm mostly just messing with the low res. 110hz is my recommendation and amount obviously varies. I have it as high as possible without getting specific notes that pop out. I usually have it around 6 or so. :)

In case you missed this video:

This particular Cab Pack is the mothership so explaining it in one video is impossible. That's why this is the first of many videos explaining this pack and it's only concentrating on giving you guys a preview of how good it really sounds no matter what your genre of music is. The djent or "USA" stereotype may lead you to believe that this is only a metal cabinet but that couldn't be further away from the truth. The quick 10 second presets in the video speak for themselves. You would have to struggle to make it sound bad essentially. :)

Ask any questions in here and I'll try and answer them. Go ahead and ask some even more complicated questions and I can add them to one of these videos and explain them properly.

Thanks for watching!

Yes, my Uk Bayonet Cap interpretation of the original packaging is awesome and I would be pleased to test out the product for you :encouragement:

After all my great artwork, I think Mikko is not taking my hint and he's going to make me pay money for this pack instead :nightmare:

I tried to resist this one but after the video.... Dammit quit making videos! :devilish:

Did you notice that the video title says "Part I"? ;)

But seriously I can relate to you guys. The IR "market" is very saturated at the moment. It's like people suddenly realized the imporance of the cab and mic up and it's becoming the focus of guitar tone evolution. There are many IR producers out there and everyone is saying that their IRs are the best out there. Obviously I might say that also sometimes since I believe in my own work but I wouldn't want people to feel like they're buying a pig in a poke so to say. That's why I post a lot of clips and show how easy it is to create tones with these. I know I've bought some IR packs that I only tried out one day and totally hated and never used again. I hope these videos prevent that from happening to you guys. :)

To get the most out of these cab packs is it best to use cab lab? Thanks in advance

Cab-Lab 3 is a strong recommendation. It makes everything so much faster and easier. You don't have to worry about your IR slots. You don't have to buy an XL+ because you feel like you're running out of space.

The pack has over 200 IRs. Obviously the Ace folders have less and you should fit them all into your Axe-Fx.

Last edited:
Misha is a class act. I'm happy that your were able to work with a true professional. It makes your product
better, when it is fun. Misha is very generous with a lot of his recording techniques also, great dude. Nice
work Mr. Sound Lab. I would test myself but have to own an axe. Do you happen to have any wav's, I could try?

Misha is a class act. I'm happy that your were able to work with a true professional. It makes your product
better, when it is fun. Misha is very generous with a lot of his recording techniques also, great dude. Nice
work Mr. Sound Lab. I would test myself but have to own an axe. Do you happen to have any wav's, I could try?

Thank you! :) Yeah Misha is a nice guy.

I don't have any IRs out in .wav format.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom