Cab Pack 13! Misha Mansoor!!!

Yes, that forthcoming Fractal "Boutique Amp" Cab Pack will have:

1. Cliff's vintage Dumble 4X12 with EVL and EVL speakers

2. Bogner 1X12 dual port closed back "Shiva" Cab with a Celestion Lead 80

3. Bludotone 1X12 dual port closed cab w/Warehouse WGS Alinco (same type of cab design Larry Carlton uses, but not with an EVL... I like the AlNiCo, it's sweet)

4. Bludotone 2X12 oval open back with Celestion G12-65Hs (same type of cab design Robben Ford uses)

5. Bludotone 2x12 oval open back (different one) with Austin Speaker Works ASW special Bludotone BT-80s, like Lead 80s but special design that extends highs and lows

6. A Two Rock 2X12 oval back cab kindly loaded to me by Jonas Carnemark of Konst music to include with Eminence KT-80 (or something) speakers.

Will be all API or Neve preamps using the the latest Mic+DI technique, and the mics include the basic food groups: SM57, R121, M160, MD421, E906 plus some room and back of cab mics. Shot at CUE Recording Studios in Falls Church VA's "Red Room."

These are not really heavy shredder-style music cabs - but if you like boutique style amps like Dumbles, Carol Anns, Bludotone, Trainwrecks, etc. And I love the Bogner x12 for Bogner amps myself; the design (recessed back, dual port cab) fools mics like SM57's into thinking it's a 4x12 cab.

One reason for the Cab Pack release delay is I shot many of these cabs in late December BEFORE the latest amazing Mic+DI technique was created by Cliff. Those IRs still sound pretty great (the Bludotone 1X12 cab now in the Factory presets is an example!), but I went back in to studio to use the new Mic+DI IR Capture technique plus an API mic preamp, as well as the Neve 1073 preamp in May, because I just loved how one recent Fractal Cab pack IRs Cliff and Matt captured with it sounded, and wanted to emulate the proven Fractal technique as closely as possible. Used same power amp and Direct Box on that.

Maybe we can include all the IRs from both sessions in the Cab Pack, what do you think???

Here's a sneak photo of a few of the cabs we shot:

Sounds like exactly what i've been looking for!!!!

New firmware, new Axe-Edit, and new cab pack... sounds like I have a lot to do... after I get over this damn case of strep that spread from my throat to my ears. Felt like playing a little yesterday, but my ears are so plugged I figured I'd wait on the cab pack until I can actually appreciate the difference.

From the reviews this one sounds like a no-brainer for what I'm into though. Definitely picking it up when the fog clears up in my hearing. Thanks for your hard work Clark!

Everything you hear in this clip is just the amp block and a cab block without any effects or processing. Every amp sim is going through the same IR: ML USA Bulb SM57-R121 03. So the tones are Fender Twin, Marshall JCM800 and the EVH 50W Blue channel.

I wanted to make sure that people don't think of this Cab Pack as "the djent Cab Pack" only and I also wanted to make it clear that although this pack includes 227 IRs it's extremely easy to use. You are definitely not meant to go through all 227 IRs and make a decision. The reason there are many IRs in there is that there are also some extreme tweakers out there who know exactly what they want. I shoot every cab properly so I don't have to go back and release another pack of the same cabinet in future. However ease and speed of use was the main reason I created this way of spreading the IRs in different folders. The Ace folder itself includes all IRs that I would use personally but it would be a shame to limit the pack to my personal needs only.

The Alloy Aces folder has been expanded for this Cab Pack and it includes 4 of the best IRs of each Alloy category (according to my standards) leaving you with 20 different variations of which I could take each and use as my only IR for the rest of my life. I've mentioned my favorite two quite many times already (SM57-MD421 02 & SM57-R121 03). I've already planned a video that puts my theory to the test. I will use a random number generator to choose the IR and amp model in the Axe-Fx and create a usable tone within 1 minute. I will do that 5 times in a row just to show that I'm a man of my word. :)

I must say that I'm happy that now that I have 6 Cab Packs out my IRs are still able to fit Cliff's description:

These IRs sound good with everything.

So I hope all you rockers out there take this Cab Pack 13 USA Bulb seriously too since as you may know I'm not just a metal guy myself. :)

Rock'n'roll!! ;)

SM57-MD421 02 and SM57-R121 03 are the best Alloys I've ever shot. Try them, save them as your global blocks and put your IR hunt to bed. There are most likely many questions you guys want to ask so please do so in this thread. :)

I do have a question. Can you tell me specifically what this means about saving these in your Global Blocks... Just haven't messed with these elements much. I did get the new 13 cab pack. Looking forward to checking it out.

I do have a question. Can you tell me specifically what this means about saving these in your Global Blocks... Just haven't messed with these elements much. I did get the new 13 cab pack. Looking forward to checking it out.

Well that's the way I use the Axe-Fx. You have up to 10 global blocks that you can save and you can f.ex. create a Cab Block with one of these IRs and save it as global block 1 and then when you're creating new presets you can simply load up global block 1 and have the exact same settings so you don't have to tweak the cab block again. :)

I'm gonna be honest, while I thought the USA Trad sounded good, it didn't really get me too excited and hence I haven't bought any more of your cab packs, but I decided to try this one out and I must say I'm impressed, this sounds so badass, haven't tried it out too much yet but I'm pretty sure this is going to replace my current go-to IR, or at least get blended in with it.
Currently using OwnHammer's Bogner HGE for my rhythm tones and it sounds so good so I might have to check out your Bogner Cab Pack.

Everything you hear in this clip is just the amp block and a cab block without any effects or processing. Every amp sim is going through the same IR: ML USA Bulb SM57-R121 03. )

Cool... Just saw this. I was trying them all out last night and this was my Favorite !!!

Everything you hear in this clip is just the amp block and a cab block without any effects or processing. Every amp sim is going through the same IR: ML USA Bulb SM57-R121 03. So the tones are Fender Twin, Marshall JCM800 and the EVH 50W

Can you upload the 3 patches? I always have problems with high frequencies and I want to see how much you cut out in the amp block or cab block.

Can you upload the 3 patches? I always have problems with high frequencies and I want to see how much you cut out in the amp block or cab block.

I actually didn't save those presets as it was the same preset and I just scrolled through those different amps. I think the settings were very basic where all knobs were essentially around 3-7. It really shouldn't be too hard for you to get these sounds if you have the right IR.

Ok this cab pack blew my fucking mind. Can I say that on a live forum?

I have found my goto ir after spinning through several of the alloys there was one that just said, ok this is yours, import it to the axe and call it. Done. Way I see it is if you get one totally perfect IR out of a pack, then you got your money's worth and all you needed. I never expect to like most of the IR's as any cab pack goes because they should be catering to all tastes so everyone can find what they need and as long as that is there, its a 5 star pack.

So with the bass pack and this one, I think I got it all.

Just to clarify. ML does that mean slots 1 & 2 in User Cabs or slot 1 and 2 in Cab Lab to mix together?

So the mics be set to none when usings any UltraRes, or Cab Pack cabs?

No no I just use those IRs as they are. User cab slot #1 and #2 means that they'll be the first IRs I'll audition whenever I'm creating new presets. :)

I personally never use those mic presets either.

Back
Top Bottom