Cab Pack 13! Misha Mansoor!!!

Hey Mikko, love what you are doing with all the cab packs. As i am currently thinking of getting one of your cab pack, the choice however seems overwhelming. I kinda like Bogner's and you have a Cab Pack 9 for that. Now with Cab Pack 13 (MM), if i understand correctly this is no just geared towards Djent style of music, but can be versatile. So, if i am looking for a cab pack that is super versatile and sounds good with virtually any amp in the amp block, which cab pack would you recommend? Thanks!

Most versatile? Most likely Cab Pack 8. If you want a more modern sound then Cab Pack 7 or Cab Pack 13. The other packs like "Euro" and "5153" have a specific character to them so for the woodiest tones I would recommend Euro. The 5153 is currently my best pack for "that" 80s virtuoso type sound and it makes the 5153 and PVH amps sound the way they are meant to sound like.

Soon. That pack will be comprised of Buddy's speakers plus new Mic+DI UltraRes IRs from my Dumble 4x12. There might be one or two more cabs in there too, I can't remember exactly.

Yes, that forthcoming Fractal "Boutique Amp" Cab Pack will have:

1. Cliff's vintage Dumble 4X12 with EVL and EVL speakers

2. Bogner 1X12 dual port closed back "Shiva" Cab with a Celestion Lead 80

3. Bludotone 1X12 dual port closed cab w/Warehouse WGS Alinco (same type of cab design Larry Carlton uses, but not with an EVL... I like the AlNiCo, it's sweet)

4. Bludotone 2X12 oval open back with Celestion G12-65Hs (same type of cab design Robben Ford uses)

5. Bludotone 2x12 oval open back (different one) with Austin Speaker Works ASW special Bludotone BT-80s, like Lead 80s but special design that extends highs and lows

6. A Two Rock 2X12 oval back cab kindly loaded to me by Jonas Carnemark of Konst music to include with Eminence KT-80 (or something) speakers.

Will be all API or Neve preamps using the the latest Mic+DI technique, and the mics include the basic food groups: SM57, R121, M160, MD421, E906 plus some room and back of cab mics. Shot at CUE Recording Studios in Falls Church VA's "Red Room."

These are not really heavy shredder-style music cabs - but if you like boutique style amps like Dumbles, Carol Anns, Bludotone, Trainwrecks, etc. And I love the Bogner x12 for Bogner amps myself; the design (recessed back, dual port cab) fools mics like SM57's into thinking it's a 4x12 cab.

One reason for the Cab Pack release delay is I shot many of these cabs in late December BEFORE the latest amazing Mic+DI technique was created by Cliff. Those IRs still sound pretty great (the Bludotone 1X12 cab now in the Factory presets is an example!), but I went back in to studio to use the new Mic+DI IR Capture technique plus an API mic preamp, as well as the Neve 1073 preamp in May, because I just loved how one recent Fractal Cab pack IRs Cliff and Matt captured with it sounded, and wanted to emulate the proven Fractal technique as closely as possible. Used same power amp and Direct Box on that.

Maybe we can include all the IRs from both sessions in the Cab Pack, what do you think???

Here's a sneak photo of a few of the cabs we shot:

Attachments

• All Four Cabs lined up.jpg
    All Four Cabs lined up.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 77
WOW! This is the first cab pack I have picked up (I dont have 7) that I literally cant find an IR I don't like! I grabbed the 5153 pack recently, but this is the one I was waiting for apparently! GOOD FREAKING JOB! YOU CHEEKY BASTARD! :) Super happy I picked this up, and I dont say that often!

WOW! This is the first cab pack I have picked up (I dont have 7) that I literally cant find an IR I don't like! I grabbed the 5153 pack recently, but this is the one I was waiting for apparently! GOOD FREAKING JOB! YOU CHEEKY BASTARD! :) Super happy I picked this up, and I dont say that often!

I'm glad to hear this. Simply put this USA cab has the best V30s IMO. Properly worn in custom "USA" 70W V30s made in UK. It's really hard to even find those nowadays. If you buy the "Supersize" cab now it will have the 60W V30s in it.

THANK YOU!! :)

Just picked this cab pack up! So where's the best place to start?

The Ace folder is what I use. The SM57-MD421 02 is my favorite IR in a mix. The SM57-R121 03 is warmer and more pleasant with a little less cut.

Misha's mixes are all extremely good and I've also used those a lot. Misha said he chooses IRs by how they FEEL. I think it's cool that my scientific approach and Misha's professional appoach unite in those Misha mixes. :) They definitely have more note definition for weird chords.

As usual Mikko, you've done an impeccable job. I jammed with these all afternoon and found a few favourites, but all of them are great and very usable. Between this and Cab Pack 7, I've got an IR flavour for just about every situation. You better stop making each cab pack so comprehensive and versatile or you're going to put yourself out of business. ;)

Yes, that forthcoming Fractal "Boutique Amp" Cab Pack will have:

1. Cliff's vintage Dumble 4X12 with EVL and EVL speakers

2. Bogner 1X12 dual port closed back "Shiva" Cab with a Celestion Lead 80

3. Bludotone 1X12 dual port closed cab w/Warehouse WGS Alinco (same type of cab design Larry Carlton uses, but not with an EVL... I like the AlNiCo, it's sweet)

4. Bludotone 2X12 oval open back with Celestion G12-65Hs (same type of cab design Robben Ford uses)

5. Bludotone 2x12 oval open back (different one) with Austin Speaker Works ASW special Bludotone BT-80s, like Lead 80s but special design that extends highs and lows

6. A Two Rock 2X12 oval back cab kindly loaded to me by Jonas Carnemark of Konst music to include with Eminence KT-80 (or something) speakers.

Will be all API or Neve preamps using the the latest Mic+DI technique, and the mics include the basic food groups: SM57, R121, M160, MD421, E906 plus some room and back of cab mics. Shot at CUE Recording Studios in Falls Church VA's "Red Room."

These are not really heavy shredder-style music cabs - but if you like boutique style amps like Dumbles, Carol Anns, Bludotone, Trainwrecks, etc. And I love the Bogner x12 for Bogner amps myself; the design (recessed back, dual port cab) fools mics like SM57's into thinking it's a 4x12 cab.

One reason for the Cab Pack release delay is I shot many of these cabs in late December BEFORE the latest amazing Mic+DI technique was created by Cliff. Those IRs still sound pretty great (the Bludotone 1X12 cab now in the Factory presets is an example!), but I went back in to studio to use the new Mic+DI IR Capture technique plus an API mic preamp, as well as the Neve 1073 preamp in May, because I just loved how one recent Fractal Cab pack IRs Cliff and Matt captured with it sounded, and wanted to emulate the proven Fractal technique as closely as possible. Used same power amp and Direct Box on that.

Maybe we can include all the IRs from both sessions in the Cab Pack, what do you think???

Here's a sneak photo of a few of the cabs we shot:

Cool can't wait !!!!

Back
Top Bottom