Cab Pack 13! Misha Mansoor!!!

I've recently recorded quite many clips using these IRs.

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/diy[/soundcloud]

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/rip-your-face-off[/soundcloud]

This is my first ever test with one of Misha's IR recipes for this Cab Pack. I believe it's the last USA Bulb Mix in there.

[soundcloud]https://www.soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/pentathlon[/soundcloud]

I think I'll post a video next week explaining which IRs in specific Misha liked so all of you who like his tone can enjoy this pack even more. :)

I think it's safe to say that this cab sounds HUGE!!!

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that this cab sounds HUGE!!!

That is definitely the first thing I noticed. I have to say just purely hearing the tone without knowing what it was at all really helped me judge by my ears alone. I often don't get to do it purely by ear for cab impulses, and knowing the speakers or cab maker has always been a partial motivator. The clips you provided caught my attention in a huge way for this cab pack. I knew right away that I wanted this one, and finding out it's a Mesa Standard with a Bulb collaboration was a very nice icing on top.

What's funny is at one point I thought to myself I'd kind of almost rather have these impulses than the one's made for the Periphery albums.

Hey Mikko,

Quick question that others may be interested in knowing also... I'm currently using Redwirez Bigbox full resolution IR's with the convolution rack in Guitar Rig 5. Are your IR's suitable to use in this way? Im not sure of the difference (if any) between the full res and ultra res...

BTW, the sound samples you posted sound great!

Regards

Hey Mikko,

Quick question that others may be interested in knowing also... I'm currently using Redwirez Bigbox full resolution IR's with the convolution rack in Guitar Rig 5. Are your IR's suitable to use in this way? Im not sure of the difference (if any) between the full res and ultra res...

BTW, the sound samples you posted sound great!

Regards

Our Cab Packs are in a data format that only works with Fractal Audio products.

One word: sampler-pack (does that still count as one word even though it's got a hyphen?)

The more cab packs you guys come out with, the less I want to buy one (because I'm not sure which one would suit my needs).

I'm sure I'm not the only one... and if I could buy a sampler-pack, then I'd be able to tell which cab pack(s) to get.

I know, I know, you're busy capturing more IRs and don't have time to put together a sampler-pack (but please, pretty please, consider doing this when you're in wait mode between IR capture sessions? After all, you already have the IRs for the sampler-pack. it's just a question of bundling them).

I like the sampler idea too.

But in some ways, the FW *is* the sampler pack? E.g. FW19 contains some new IR's from an upcoming Cab Pack.

A sampler makes a lot of sense to me though, it gives more variety and less IR auditioning for me.

The sampler pack ideology works if you think that every IR in a Cab Pack is equally valuable but as we all know that is not the case. Kevin said this perfectly IMO. That single IR which you end up using is worth the price tag of the complete pack for YOU. If there was a sampler pack it would be way more expensive as it is competing with my own "products". $25 for a $1000 cab being miked with (I hope world class) expertise is IMO a bargain. Just think about how much that would cost for you to do yourself. Good worn in cab. Pro studio gear. Good studio with a good room. Microphone robot. Good ears. Years of experience.

The price is not set by the amount of IRs. If you don't want to audition IRs we've chosen our picks in the "Ace" folders.

My principal is exactly the same as Cliff's principal. I create the best quality Cab Packs possible. IMO this is already a low budget product. :)

Here's what the UK version might look like :lol

attachment.php

Attachments

• bulb2.jpg
    bulb2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 498
wow !... I'm on cloud nine :), Definitely I will get CP 11 (for my brother) and 13 as well, right now we're recording our album and I'm still on FW 18.10... Bud I will 100% use them for reamping.

I hope we could have ''Beard IR pack'', may be one day !?.

Back
Top Bottom