Cab Pack 13! Misha Mansoor!!!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Cab Pack 13: ML USA Bulb 4x12 UltraRes contains 227 User Cab IRs produced for Fractal Audio Systems by Mikko Logrén from ML Sound Lab in collaboration with Misha Mansoor from the band Periphery. You can find IR mixes made by Misha Mansoor in the ML Misha Mixes folder which also includes IR mixes from Cab Pack 7: USA Trad 4x12 UltraRes and Cab Pack 8: Brit TV 4x12 UltraRes.

Click here to order now: Cab Pack 13: ML USA Bulb 4x12 - UltraRes

Attachments

• Cab-Pack-13.jpg
    Cab-Pack-13.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 199
This may require some explaining. Long story short we met face to face with Misha when he was on tour in Europe and talked about IRs and a possible collaboration. Obviously I gave him a free pass to all my IRs and he was immediately impressed with my first pack: Cab Pack 7. During that time I was shooting the holy grail of all cabs "Overly Fat 4x12 USA Cali Woogie" which Periphery also used for their second album "This Time It's Personal Part II".

However this is not just any 4x12 USA cab. This one has the original 70W V30 speakers that are by far the best speakers I have ever had the chance of miking. It's a toured and properly worn in cab. It sounds a lot fuller than newer 4x12 USA cabs with the 60w V30s with different/unworn speakers in them. This is the cab that made "USA Woogie" famous.

SM57-MD421 02 and SM57-R121 03 are the best Alloys I've ever shot. Try them, save them as your global blocks and put your IR hunt to bed.

There are most likely many questions you guys want to ask so please do so in this thread. :)

Looking forward to the sound-clips, yep, guessing this is a mighty good cab pack, now I just need more slots for user cabs in my XL! Oh and to get some stuff recorded with the ML SV Bass pack, great stuff!

This may require some explaining. Long story short we met face to face with Misha when he was on tour in Europe and talked about IRs and a possible collaboration. Obviously I gave him a free pass to all my IRs and he was immediately impressed with my first pack: Cab Pack 7. During that time I was shooting the holy grail of all cabs "Overly Fat 4x12 USA Cali Woogie" which Periphery also used for their second album "This Time It's Personal Part II".

However this is not just any 4x12 USA cab. This one has the original 70W V30 speakers that are by far the best speakers I have ever had the chance of miking. It's a toured and properly worn in cab. It sounds a lot fuller than newer 4x12 USA cabs with the 60w V30s with different/unworn speakers in them. This is the cab that made "USA Woogie" famous.

SM57-MD421 02 and SM57-R121 03 are the best Alloys I've ever shot. Try them, save them as your global blocks and put your IR hunt to bed.

There are most likely many questions you guys want to ask so please do so in this thread. :)

I suppose I'll be the first to ask: are these more geared toward djentlemanly pursuits, or do they lend themselves to other styles?

I suppose I'll be the first to ask: are these more geared toward djentlemanly pursuits, or do they lend themselves to other styles?

I think both Misha and me like versatile IRs. I'll concentrate on posting un-djent clips and let Misha do what he does best... in the world.

Just like the quote from Cliff in my signature for the other USA cab I assure you this one sounds good with every amp sim. :) No hype even. Just being honest.

My #1 user IR slot is SM57-MD421 02 and #2 user IR slot is SM57-R121 03. I play everything from pop to rock to metal to djent.

Ooh the 70w version speakers. Even more interesting. I will definitely be buying this in the near future.

So from what I'm gathering is Misha's involvement is from the mix folders of impulses?

I also find it funny, and am still completely happy with, that this pack came out before the smaller cabs even though they ranked higher in the polls.

Ooh the 70w version speakers. Even more interesting. I will definitely be buying this in the near future.

So from what I'm gathering is Misha's involvement is from the mix folders of impulses?

I also find it funny, and am still completely happy with, that this pack came out before the smaller cabs even though they ranked higher in the polls.

It's deeper than that. Misha received all the IRs I shot and the IRs he liked/used for making the mixes became ace IRs. We seemed to like the same IRs though which was really cool to notice. :) Misha was really impressed with the IR quality and I told him to make sure he was having fun with the IRs. He truly is one if the nicest guys to work with. :) This may not be the only collaboration from us so stay tuned. ;)

That smaller pack got pushed back because of a similar collaboration and touring schedules for the artist. It's coming "soon" don't worry. :)

Awesome, glad you cleared that up and added some additional background info on your guy's work together.

The microphones you use in your packs I really love, and they fit such a wide range. I just wish to appeal to more cab impulse makers to use a KM184 more often. I think having a condenser mic would add a lot to ML Sound Lab packs, and after hearing and playing on KM84 and KM184 close miked impulses I think it would be the perfect fit to add to mixes. Seriously I feel we should make a kickstarter or something to get you one of those microphones. Donate money and you can get certain additional impulse goodies.

I also would like to make a kickstarter or vote that your future collaborations with Misha involve certain cab makers named after mythical Japanese monsters.

Hey Mikko, love what you are doing with all the cab packs. As i am currently thinking of getting one of your cab pack, the choice however seems overwhelming. I kinda like Bogner's and you have a Cab Pack 9 for that. Now with Cab Pack 13 (MM), if i understand correctly this is no just geared towards Djent style of music, but can be versatile. So, if i am looking for a cab pack that is super versatile and sounds good with virtually any amp in the amp block, which cab pack would you recommend? Thanks!

Last edited:
My brain just exploded.
When you mentioned the 4x12 was kind of a big deal, I INSTANTLY thought this was what you meant, but I didn't dare say it in case I jinxed the whole thing by getting overexcited.
My self-control has been rewarded.
You have my money.

Back
Top Bottom