Cab Pack 13! Misha Mansoor!!!

Finally feeling good enough to pick these up and give them a try. (I was down for almost two weeks with Strep.) My ears still aren't quite right, but close enough that I can appreciate how nice these are. I've got about a half-dozen imported into my XL so far but I think that's only a start. Won't get too far in until my ears are completely back, but it's good that I at least feel like playing again, what with all the new toys out for this thing.

Finally feeling good enough to pick these up and give them a try. (I was down for almost two weeks with Strep.) My ears still aren't quite right, but close enough that I can appreciate how nice these are. I've got about a half-dozen imported into my XL so far but I think that's only a start. Won't get too far in until my ears are completely back, but it's good that I at least feel like playing again, what with all the new toys out for this thing.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Remember to have fun with the IRs! :)

I gotta buy them as well...

Been traveling the last few weeks and haven't even sunk my teeth into the last OH 212 pack....

MikkoClark - you are an evil genius :)

Bought this pack the other day as my first cab pack! Just out of curiosity, do you guys mess with the high-low cuts / motor drive / preamp settings on the cab block when using these IRs?

FW 19 Bulb Cab Test

Hey guys!
Excellent choice of cabs! Thank you so much. Dialed in the "ML Misha Mix 01 USA Bulb" Cab and tried tweaked it a little bit, to record something. Lazy like I was, I played some riff from Bulb, he posted some time ago. It's called Hgh gain Test clip.
Melody is a bit different, but who cares :p. Was just for fun and see how good these Cabs translate into my mixes.
Tell me what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/iamlukas/axe-fx-iifirmware-19-bulb-cabcover-mixtest

Bought this pack the other day as my first cab pack! Just out of curiosity, do you guys mess with the high-low cuts / motor drive / preamp settings on the cab block when using these IRs?

I usually don't. I use speaker drive sometimes. 75hz high pass is okay. 10khz low pass... or nothing at all. I usually low cut guitars in my DAW.

Hey guys!
Excellent choice of cabs! Thank you so much. Dialed in the "ML Misha Mix 01 USA Bulb" Cab and tried tweaked it a little bit, to record something. Lazy like I was, I played some riff from Bulb, he posted some time ago. It's called Hgh gain Test clip.
Melody is a bit different, but who cares :p. Was just for fun and see how good these Cabs translate into my mixes.
Tell me what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/iamlukas/axe-fx-iifirmware-19-bulb-cabcover-mixtest

:lol That sounds ridiculously awesome!!

Thanks guys!
Really appreciate that :)
Yes, it's the metal machine kit and I used the "Das Metall" amp for this. Actually the chain got pretty long for this patch somehow :D
Starting with a PEQ - DRV- AMP- GTE- CAB- MBC- FIL-FIL-PEQ-VOL
I really wanted a basic patch, but I missed something and I started adding and tweaking and adding and that's the result lol.
I'm no engineer, so propably some of the fractal guys would laugh at this maybe :p

I picked these up during the week, still have to go through them all but so far so good! They blend nicely with the two OH Modern impulses that come with Firmware Updates.

If I wanted a hi-gain lead tone what impulses should I try? any amp sims that will work best?

Cheers!

I picked these up during the week, still have to go through them all but so far so good! They blend nicely with the two OH Modern impulses that come with Firmware Updates.

If I wanted a hi-gain lead tone what impulses should I try? any amp sims that will work best?

Cheers!

Leads can sometimes sound a bit harsh so I tend to use SM57-R121 Alloys for them since those Alloys are usually flat. Try the SM57-R121 03. I love that IR.

As far as amps go there's nothing easier than using a 5153 Blue 50W or the Friedman HBE. You usually don't need much tweaking at all.

Here's an awesome video of Misha Mansoor showing the power of my IRs. He even makes plugin modelers sound great with Cab-Lab 3 and these IRs. :)

There's going to be a lot of new material using these IRs!

I guess I am forced to buy Cab Lab 3, I can make good use of it, with my real amps and a RIvera Rockcrusher right?
I gather the vst version will work for this situation, correct? Thanks Mr. Sound Lab, for taking impulses to a new level.
I have always been a fan or ir's, hence the need for the Axe-Ii, because that is all I want is a preamp, that can load ir's,
How hard is that? I would love to build an all tube preamp, with Ir Loading capability, like a Langer or Soldano, with
modern outputs, usb editor, etc... Hmmm, Next project Cliff? It would be a piece of cake compared to the axe. :)

Back
Top Bottom