Cab Pack 11 and 12 Released

Thanks for all the support and nice words guys. :) It's this forum that is able to do great things. Remember that even these two Cab Packs were not only my ideas but you guys voted to have these in a poll earlier this year. We all together are Fractal. :)

I'll be shooting more of these videos and giving you guys proper samples of the packs in their complete form so everyone knows exactly what they're all about. :)

This new clip is the 100W 5153 Blue amp sim with these settings:

EVH_5150_III_settings_zps3bc42d93.jpg

Honestly I think I just found my new main tone. The alloy: ML 5153 SM57-E906 01 is what I used for this clip and those exact amp settings for the blue channel (CHANNEL TWO) landed me here. So much saturation yet so little noise that you don't need a noise gate. That is very rare for me. :)

Do you like that new riff I just came up with in the middle of that clip?

Dammit! I'm already out of money for this month.

My options are: 1) Wait until June to buy cab packs; or 2) Buy cab packs and risk being murdered by my wife.

I value my life. Guess I'm going with option 1.

Dang it CK. Just when I think I have bought enough cab packs you post a sound clip like this. Sounds like it could be a sound I'm after and I trust your ears. Your Mesa MK2 settings with chocolate cake ir was the only downloaded preset that has ever worked for me.

Not to speak for Mikko, but I think he has his own thing going on. Not totally different, but not exactly the same.

Yeah exactly. This pack was shot before mic+di was out but I've removed the power amp color from all of my Cab Packs way before that. Here's a comparison between my method and mic+di. It's the original Classic Lead Marshall cab from the 80s.

To me the methods seem audibly identical.

Your IR's have always sounded great to me.

I think there is more than the removal of the power amp color at stake here though. If you are using the Fractal to create the IR's, in addition to the Mic+DI method removing coloration, the IR capture method is not straightforward deconvolution like a DAW is it? IIRC, Cliff mentioned the IR capture method in the Fractal uses Voltera kernel extraction?

Your IR's have always sounded great to me.

I think there is more than the removal of the power amp color at stake here though. If you are using the Fractal to create the IR's, in addition to the Mic+DI method removing coloration, the IR capture method is not straightforward deconvolution like a DAW is it? IIRC, Cliff mentioned the IR capture method in the Fractal uses Voltera kernel extraction?

There definitely is. It's still 95% about mic placement. Ask any IR producer and they will agree with me. :)

Different IR shoot methods are comparable to using a different camera when taking pictures. Whether you use Nikon or Canon you probably can't tell a difference in the photo. Using the "mic only" method may be comparable to using your mobile phone camera which is still most likely going to be super high quality for most people.

Mic position is comparable to the model your shooting photos of. If it's a pretty model then a crappy camera will still take a pretty picture. :) If it's a good camera with a pretty model your picture will be perfect.

I think Cab Pak 12 is my favorite of yours so far, love the Alloy folder SM57- MG421's. Seems to jump right out of the guitar very up-front and clear keep up the good work.

I think Cab Pak 12 is my favorite of yours so far, love the Alloy folder SM57- MG421's. Seems to jump right out of the guitar very up-front and clear keep up the good work.

Aww man that's really good to hear! Generally the SM57-MD421 is my favorite mic combination. The MD421 can easily sound a bit "nasty" on it's own but it's definitely my favorite mic to be blended with the SM57. :)

Hi,
So is the presence & gain copied the same, I didnt think the tapers were the same on presence and gain controls on the axe fx to the real amps?
Also the master volume ...is that supposed to be the master on each channel in this picture and are the tapers the same.
I never owned a 5153 so I dont know much on comparing....just curious if you set everything the exact with these 3 controls I mention...no biggy otherwise?

Thanks.....sounds great and cant wait to give it a run when I get some time to audition.

This new clip is the 100W 5153 Blue amp sim with these settings:

EVH_5150_III_settings_zps3bc42d93.jpg

Honestly I think I just found my new main tone. The alloy: ML 5153 SM57-E906 01 is what I used for this clip and those exact amp settings for the blue channel (CHANNEL TWO) landed me here. So much saturation yet so little noise that you don't need a noise gate. That is very rare for me. :)

Do you like that new riff I just came up with in the middle of that clip?

Hi,
So is the presence & gain copied the same, I didnt think the tapers were the same on presence and gain controls on the axe fx to the real amps?
Also the master volume ...is that supposed to be the master on each channel in this picture and are the tapers the same.
I never owned a 5153 so I dont know much on comparing....just curious if you set everything the exact with these 3 controls I mention...no biggy otherwise?

Thanks.....sounds great and cant wait to give it a run when I get some time to audition.

I think I set the master on 4 but other than that it was identical to those settings. :)

Back
Top Bottom