Cab-Pack 10!

Tried the Mark Day cab IR's with the stock Mark Day HBE preset - what a difference. Absolutely love the new capture method. :). With G3 technology it's like The Keymaster and Gatekeeper coming together in Ghostbusters. :)

RickMoranis.jpeg

All right, I must admit, at first I thought that the new IR are not very usable for me, when compared to CK stock IRs ..., but then I used the new Mic-DI IR just by itself not in conjunction with anything else and I stand corrected. These IRs are actually very good. - I am really looking forward to the TV cab and all those other 4x12 - these will be absolutely great.

I'm uploading the whole collection starting at cab slot 128 (on XL ). I don't normally do this with a cab pack (usually pick 8 or 16 favorites) but in this case, I think it is warranted. It sure is time-consuming, though. Anyone know how to bulk-upload 210 sysex files in one hit ? :)

I'm uploading the whole collection starting at cab slot 128 (on XL ). I don't normally do this with a cab pack (usually pick 8 or 16 favorites) but in this case, I think it is warranted. It sure is time-consuming, though. Anyone know how to bulk-upload 210 sysex files in one hit ? :)

I'm pretty sure you can copy and paste them in one shot into empty slots using Axe Manage Cabs in Axe-Edit.

I'm pretty sure you can copy and paste them in one shot into empty slots using Axe Manage Cabs in Axe-Edit.

Duh ! - Thanks so much for that ! I didn't realize you could drag and drop multiple selections. I was doing Import ... on each one LOL.
At least I was only half-way through before I read your post/ Thanks so much !!!
Sorry for being a dumbass. Hehe

Okay wow on these IR's!!!

The 1x10 Princeton with R121 is insanely huge sounding.

+1000

I haven't had much joy with IRs of 10" speakers until now ... the 1x10 Princeton is sensational. The R121 version has a lot of proximity effect. The M 160 winds the bass back a bit. I think all the 10" - based cabs in this pack are superb. I'm digging the Bassman cab, too

Empty slots .... theres the problem :)

Duh ! - Thanks so much for that ! I didn't realize you could drag and drop multiple selections. I was doing Import ... on each one LOL.
At least I was only half-way through before I read your post/ Thanks so much !!!
Sorry for being a dumbass. Hehe

I was buying up tons of Ownhammer cabs, but after comparing with the new Mic + DI cabs just in the factory bank of the new firmware, I think I'm sold on these are the best sounding IRs available. I am definitely buying this pack today.

I've never used 10 inch speakers for guitar. What is the main difference between 10s and 12s and what types of amps/tones sound best through 10s? I tend to stick to matching cabinets: 4x12s for Plexis, 2x12s for AC30s, 1x12s for Fender Deluxes (Tweed and Deluxe Reverb). Those are the 4 main amps I use, so wondering which might sound good through 10s? So far, loving the 4x12 Greenbacks for the Plexi, the 1x12 Deluxe for the Fenders and the Fuzzbomb and Boutique 2x12s for the AC30s. Any suggestions on other new Cabs to try with these 4 amps?

Can't wait to have multiple mic options and positions, though the stock ones sound great already. Would love some traditional AC30 cabinets with alnico blues, some more 4x12s and bass cabinets! Any plans to do bass cabs?

Also, like Cliff said, he's not getting better tones out of blending mics, but rather just using the single mic configurations. Are others finding this to be true? When I mic real amps I would always blend a 412 and 57, possibly a 57 with a 121 further away for some room sound (which now I get using the Rec Studio A/C and Room Reverbs in the Reverb block).

Any idea when the next cabinet pack is dropping? I am finalizing some tones for an album now, and wondering if I'll get to audition some more options soon. I know they're doing more 4x12s in a couple of months...wish we didn't have to wait that long!

I was buying up tons of Ownhammer cabs, but after comparing with the new Mic + DI cabs just in the factory bank of the new firmware, I think I'm sold on these are the best sounding IRs available. I am definitely buying this pack today.

Can you elaborate a bit on this? Seems like the only real comparison would be the Fractal/Friedman 4x12. What are you liking more about that one vs. the new OH V3 4x12s?

Uses for 10s. Fender Bassmans and Super Reverbs have 10s. Bass amps use 10s. I had a guitar teacher, Mike Elliott, who was a monster jazz player and Nashville studio guy, too. He always talked about 10s as being truer. He said there was something about the physics of a 12 that had a frequency stamp you couldn't pull out. For some styles that was fine...."rock and roll" as he called it, things with distortion, but for clean and he played really CLEAN when he played jazz, only 10s would do.

I also remember maybe 20+ years ago when early GC had a sale and you could get a 2-12 or 4-10 Marshall cab for some cheap price. I went back and forth with those cabs over and over. Ended with the 4-10". It had a much sharper attack and I was in a reggae band at the time. It was the Fenderish end of Marshall in sound to me. The 2-12 was much more midrangey and a little warmer. Would've liked a switch where I could play the 4-10 for rhythm work and the 2-12 for lead. Now with the Axe, I do. In general, for clean to mild gain, I'd say try the 10s and see what you think.

Love Cab Pack 10. It totally suits my world. I can't wipe the grin off my face between FW18.04 and the new cabs. Also love the Bludo 1-12 included with the new FW. Fantastic for clean into medium gain sounds. Loves Fender amps and the Dumble stuff, too. Really looking forward to AustinBuddy's cab pack.

Can you elaborate a bit on this? Seems like the only real comparison would be the Fractal/Friedman 4x12. What are you liking more about that one vs. the new OH V3 4x12s?

I guess it's only fair to compare the 4x12s, but the Mic + DI ones from Fractal seem to be clearer and fuller. I'd have to A/B more but there was just something that popped out about all of these new Mic + DI cabinets vs. all the others I tried. That being said I really like the Ownhammer cabinets and prefer them to most of the other stock cabinets. It's just these new batch of cabinets sound like some next level of IR.

The 1x10 Prince Tone R121 from the previous UNS cab pack already had a big beef and was the basis of my IR mix for cleans. New version is of course better

Last edited:
Can anyone identify exactly which Fractal/Mark Day .IR's in CabPak 10 are the ones that were chosen for the firmware?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've been messing with the cabs and like Cliff said, thinking they sound really good as individual IRs. Has anyone had luck blending them and if so what are your approaches? I have been picking the main sm57 for most of the cabs as my main tone as its closest to what I am going for, though I'd like to get some of the body from the 121/160/4047 in there too.

Any suggestions? Since Cliff said he hasn't found combinations that are better than single mics, I'm wondering what the downside is to blending and how to best blend of I decide to do so?

If you just use single mic IRs when do you decide to opt for 160 / 121 and 4047 over a 57? Just preference with a particular amp?

You make all your IR decisions based on what sounds best to you. Try them and see which ones float your boat.

I think it's the Groove Tube G12 designed by Aspen Pittman but I don't know for sure. Aspen designed the Ampeg guitar amps. Or was it Red Rhodes? I don't know basically...

umm, thanks? LOL! anyone one else know more about this 1x12 G12T (Based on a one of a kind custom combo built by a famous amp guru)??

umm, thanks? LOL! anyone one else know more about this 1x12 G12T (Based on a one of a kind custom combo built by a famous amp guru)??

It's a combo made by Andy Fuchs. It's a Bandmaster head in a 1x12 combo chassis. The speaker sounds great for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom