Cab-Pack 10!

Okay wow on these IR's!!!

The 1x10 Princeton with R121 is insanely huge sounding.

Is that a result of the Mic+DI technique getting low end clarity or what?? Insanely good set here.

Also the phasey / bass heavy /swirling back of cab captures are nuts for adding major vibe to a track.

Yes, the Mic+DI technique really straightens out the issues with low frequency inaccuracy. This is where I've noticed the most error in the past. Some power amps would have up to 3 dB error around the low-frequency resonance. The new technique removes this error and you can really hear it.

Just bought Cab Pack 10 and Cab Lab Bundle - waiting for activation code. How do I load them onto my Mk II with Fractal Bot? (Downloaded files are for XL right?)

Edit: Answer is to download the latest Fractal Bot!

Last edited:
Damn....

You guys are freaking relentless in terms of support and product development.

Never change :)

No because we all felt that they sound great as single mics. I tried some mixes but it was hard to come up with anything better than the single mics.

Ahhh this is interesting; I was wondering if the new factory IR's from this pack were mixes but by the cab IR names they looked like a single mic IR.

As I was playing thru them I kept thinking that if this is a single mic IR that's astounding. These new IR's are very balanced, rich, and natural sounding and I'm going to be getting this pack soon. The new Mic/IR technique seems to bring a lot to the table...

Anyone, how are you using the IRs of the back of open-back cabs?

I used one on a track just to get a knarly wash effect during a chorus. Gives a nice dimension to a track. A similar idea to room mics crushed with compression.

Also, I put my CLR's back to back and sent one the front IR and the other the back IR. Not sure I would gig like that but a cool sound.

I am going to use Cab Lab to mix a little back of cab with the front to give dimension to a mix IR. Haven't got that far yet :)

I've been playing these all morning and I'm impressed.
There's not a bad IR in the bunch, that's NEVER happened before.

This stuff is highly usable, it's making me want to record more music just so I can use them for something!

Thank you, Fractal Team. :encouragement:

That´s something I also thought by testing the Factory Cabs - for example 6 - Fender SM 57. No Need for mix IR´s, if it sounds like that!

Yes, the Mic+DI technique really straightens out the issues with low frequency inaccuracy. This is where I've noticed the most error in the past. Some power amps would have up to 3 dB error around the low-frequency resonance. The new technique removes this error and you can really hear it.

Is this the first Cab Pack to use the Mic+DI technique?

Is this a a direct download, or will I need to wait until Monday when someone can process my order? Id like to check these out this weekend if possible.

i always found the cab packs prior to cab pack 8 difficult to get good tone. this is the best so far and easier to access. the other ones are going in the virtual dump

There are some real Jewels in this tone wise... And they mix well with past packs too! Loving Pack 10!

Back
Top Bottom