Cab-Pack 10!

Are there any pictures of cabs/studio included with the pack? Like was done with the Wellspring collection? Kind of adds to the vibe as I like eye candy. 8)

The new IR's that came with firmware 18 quickly became my 'go to' for all my recent patches. The upgrade in sound was really obvious across all of those new speakers and if one of the new ones fit the amp I was working with, I was using it...

I was actually very happy with recent IRs, however the difference in this newest set was so... 'ear opening'. It was like ultra res sounded, well 'ultra'. Now that I have Cab Pack 10, it's just more of the same, now everything sounds clear and there's a higher level of realism.

Of course it is up to the individual vendors to determine how they do their captures, but I'm really hoping that this method becomes the new standard. I believe the results are noticeably superior. Things just keep getting better!

I agree that hopefully you guys took pictures of the cab. Won't change the sound but it's nice to see what the actual cabs look like.

Also, would the prior CAB packs be re-released using the new capture methodology in the future?

Just curious why you guys don't name the drivers used in most of these cabs.
Seems like a pretty important detail to me.

Also would be nice to say whether it's an open back or a closed back cab.
For many of these, that's obvious - if you've ever seen the original combo amp.
But I've never actually seen some of these.

And again it disheartens me to see yet another IR collection with several open back 1 X 12 cabs and none of them loaded with EVM-12Ls.
I just don't get it.

Okay wow on these IR's!!!

The 1x10 Princeton with R121 is insanely huge sounding.

Is that a result of the Mic+DI technique getting low end clarity or what?? Insanely good set here.

Also the phasey / bass heavy /swirling back of cab captures are nuts for adding major vibe to a track.

And again it disheartens me to see yet another IR collection with several open back 1 X 12 cabs and none of them loaded with EVM-12Ls.
I just don't get it.

Maybe you can make IRs from your EVM 12L and sell them here using the new method of capturing?

Maybe you can make IRs from your EVM 12L and sell them here using the new method of capturing?

I might take another crack at shooting some IRs of my cabs and if I do that I'll definitely try out the new Mic + DI method..
But in the past I've just posted them here or on Axechange for free.

And my past efforts haven't really hit the mark.
The only mic I have is a 57.
And the only room I can isolate my cab in while taking the IRs forces me to have the cab very close to a wall and off the floor on an amp stand.
It's my bedroom too and I think the mattress absorbs a bunch of sound in a not-good way too.
My mic pre is an RME Babyface and the power amp I've been using is a Bryston 2B LP Pro (but I've also tried it with a Matrix GT1000).

My IRs are just meh.
I'm hoping that someone who knows what they're doing will set their minds to really doing some good 12L IRs, but it never happens.
A guy on this forum, Pers, posted some of his here a while back using the Mic + DI method but I haven't had time to seriously check them out yet.
But at least one them did sound pretty good to me when I tried it briefly.

I got fooled when the new stock Bludo cab IR was added to the firmware thinking it was a 12L for a few hours. lol
Then I found out it's a WGS driver but it sounds quite 12L-like to me.
I'd still like something that gets even closer though.

I just don't get it.

I'd love to know the speakers used for each. I find it helpful when I'm looking for a specific sound

Guys, just bougth this CAB pack 10 but have some questions regarding the files.
For example the 1x10 Prince Tone with the M160 mic.
What is the difference between the:
1x10 Prince Tone 160 B.syx
1x10 Prince Tone 160 Back B.syx
1x10 Prince Tone 160 Back.syx
1x10 Prince Tone 160 Back C.syx
1x10 Prince Tone 160.syx
Assume for "normal" use I have to use the latest one, the 1x10 Prince Tone 160.syx ?
But what is the B and the C...
Thanks!

Guys, just bougth this CAB pack 10 but have some questions regarding the files. For example the 1x10 Prince Tone with the M160 mic. What is the difference between the: 1x10 Prince Tone 160 B.syx 1x10 Prince Tone 160 Back B.syx 1x10 Prince Tone 160 Back.syx 1x10 Prince Tone 160 Back C.syx 1x10 Prince Tone 160.syx Assume for "normal" use I have to use the latest one, the 1x10 Prince Tone 160.syx ? But what is the B and the C... Thanks!
Different mic positions.

I other packs A, B, C, D has indicated which speaker in the cab is being mic'ed. A legend of the naming convention would be helpful if possible and would tell us for sure.

I other packs A, B, C, D has indicated which speaker in the cab is being mic'ed. A legend of the naming convention would be helpful if possible and would tell us for sure.

Unfortunately this is not consistent. My understanding from the Cabs in the Attic is that A-D does not necessarily equate to closer to cap vs. farther from cap. Kind of a bummer as it causes you to have to burn time auditioning vs. having some standard to go where you normally like a sound. I believe the "A" mic position is supposed to be the ideal mic position for that particular mic for the cab packs from Fractal. Unfortunately for me that position (based on Cabs in the attic) has too much treble and bass that i have to compensate for elsewhere in the chain. That's in comparing it to Ownhammer V3 mixes as an example. I have not tried this one yet though.

Do these packs have "mix" IRs? No tweaking required?
I'm not big on IRs, and I don't have the time or need to use Cab Lab or get heavily into them.

Does the pack feature cabs that work well straight out of the box?

Do these packs have "mix" IRs? No tweaking required?
I'm not big on IRs, and I don't have the time or need to use Cab Lab or get heavily into them.

Does the pack feature cabs that work well straight out of the box?

No because we all felt that they sound great as single mics. I tried some mixes but it was hard to come up with anything better than the single mics.

Guys, just bougth this CAB pack 10 but have some questions regarding the files.
For example the 1x10 Prince Tone with the M160 mic.
What is the difference between the:
1x10 Prince Tone 160 B.syx
1x10 Prince Tone 160 Back B.syx
1x10 Prince Tone 160 Back.syx
1x10 Prince Tone 160 Back C.syx
1x10 Prince Tone 160.syx
Assume for "normal" use I have to use the latest one, the 1x10 Prince Tone 160.syx ?
But what is the B and the C...
Thanks!

'B', 'C', etc. just mean a capture from a different spot.

Back
Top Bottom