Wish Cab Manager - Mark IRs that are not actually used in presets with gray color

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
To be able to push a button and have the Cab Manager go check all the presets and mark the IRs it does not find in use in any preset with a gray marker would be a great boon to cleaning house after loading a bunch of them and picking the ones you like. :)

Bonus points if it could also give the option to remove the gray-marked IRs, or to back them up to the computer.
Super extra golden bonus points if it could also gather the ones in use to the low end of the User bank and update the presets with their new locations.

I have WAY TOO MANY IRs loaded, and haven't even filled up the first User bank :D

Super extra golden bonus points if it could also gather the ones in use to the low end of the User bank and update the presets with their new locations.
'tis a consumation devoutly to be wished. And not for the first time.

The juggle between presets and cabs is the most complicated part of Axe management.

FracTool can show you which IRs are being used in which presets two ways.
  1. By Preset - Lists all presets and which cab(s) are being used by each
  2. By IR - Lists all IRs and which preset(s) are being used by each.

Last edited:
+1

If they only implemented the "Save Preset + CAB bundle" that was already available at the Axe-FX Ultra, AX8 and Axe-FX II, that would allow us to save our custom presets as bundle, wipe out all the User CABs and user presets, and restore the presets by choosing the new location for the CABs.

I also have a mess of CABs that I cannot clear because it is complicated to know which ones are assigned and where. I have tried to use FracTool list, as Moke has noted, but it is a real mess.

FracTool can show you which IRs are being used in which presets two ways.
  1. By Preset - Lists all presets and which cab(s) are being used by each
  2. By IR - Lists all IRs and which preset(s) are being used by each.
Will check it out, thanks. I didn't get everything reinstalled on the new MacBook a few months ago....

Managed to get it to go. Had to shut down Axe-Edit so they weren't fighting over the connection....

Cab -> Preset makes it easy to see which ones are not getting used. Still have quite a few recently-loaded packs to test and pick my favorites from. Found a pack that got loaded twice. Found I had 3 copies of Leon's TV cab....

Manage Cabs should really be able to do this.

It should also be able to remap IRs, like when you find you have a duplicate cab, bulk update affected presets to use this particular one. FracTool can do that I think, but it should built in, and simpler.

Put this stuff together with referencing IRs by waveform instead of location, and you've got a very powerful and easy to use setup.
Will have to investigate remapping with FracTool, in the mean time. I remember reading the thread you linked. Lots of good info and ideas there....

Back
Top Bottom