1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Cab-Lab - What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Cab-Lab Products' started by Guit'rilla, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Guit'rilla

Guit'rilla
    Expand Collapse
    New here

When I attempt to use Cablab, having turned off the Cab block in the AxeFX3, I always get two signals: The expectedly brittle cabless amp feed and the cab'ed sound from Cablab. Tried to upload an mp3 of the sound, but can't upload an mp3 apparently. When I increase the audio buffer size in Cablab, the Cablab cab'ed sound is delayed accordingly, but the cabless amp feed is always immediate. I have tried tweaking everything that I can think of to tweak, but I haven't figured out a way to remove the cabless sound from the mix. What do I need to do/set to listen to only the cab'ed sound from Cablab?

Ethereal Guitars likes this.
  2. Ethereal Guitars

Ethereal Guitars
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

It seems I'm having the same problem. I bypass the cab block in Axe Edit and all I hear is brittle cabless noise - changing the cab in the Cab Lab browser makes no difference. Cab Lab says it is "Connected" to the Axe 3. The ins and outs are set properly. I am trying to demo cabs in Live mode and all I can get is cabless noise. Any suggestions anyone?

3. Guit'rilla

Guit'rilla
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hey, Ethereal, I don't know if it relates to your issue at all, but it didn't take me too long after posting the message above to determine that CabLab didn't like my setup, which was both Axe and audio interface into PC via USB, with Axe's SPDIF output to audio interface SPDIF input. So, I was hearing both outputs (one with "cab" and one without) when using CabLab. By analogy, similar to using a DAW and not shutting off input monitoring - i.e., you hear two signals. Only solution for me was to disconnect my audio interface and use the Axe alone. Even then, what I hear in Live mode is super compressed and doesn't really sound like the resultant cab when it's placed into the cab block. Something weird with Live mode.

Ethereal Guitars likes this.
  4. Ethereal Guitars

Ethereal Guitars
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I think you might be right. I am running USB from Axe to PC. Axe to Mackie Big Knob audio interface which then feeds studio monitors. Maybe Cab Lab doesn't like the audio interface? In Cab Lab, it connects to Axe ok so it is definitely synced between Axe and Cab Lab. Really strange. I don't want to disconnect my entire rig and plug monitors directly into Axe just to use Cab Lab. Hmmmmm.....