Cab Lab Lite with FM3

Fenris

Inspired
Hi,

I just bought a brand new FM3 and I wanted to add some IRs I have in it. The thing is that with the latest version of the Cab Lab Lite and the latest FM3 Firmware I am receiving an error while comunicating.

Error is: "Cab-Lab 3 was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device: 2 <no user-readable text>"

I read that this error also happens if you do not have the FM3 edit updated when using the latest firmware. Does anybody else have this error? Is my problem or Cab Lab needs an update?

Thanks

I thought cab lab isn't compatible with FM3? Been a while so not 100%, I still use it with my Axe-Fx II.

Well, the option for connecting to FM3 is there, so I think it is probably a bug. The problem for me is that I do not have any other way to send my cabs in .wav to the FM3, and you need the full Cab-Lab to save the cabs in the required format...

Is there a reason that you need to use Cab Lab Lite for this? You can use the Manage Cabs feature in FM3-Edit to import wav format user cabs to the FM3 without the need to convert them in Cab Lab.

That is what I currently do, but I'd like to make a mix of say 3 or 4 mics into one wav. I have mixir2 I use, but I like that you should be able to live preview the mix as you are building it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom