Cab-Lab Help

Airgolas

I purchased Cab Lab after getting my new FM3 only to find out that Cab Lab wasn't compatible with the FM3. I didn't complain. I waited. Now it's "compatible", but it's not useable. Now I see info about a Cab Lab Live.... Are the people who purchased Cab Lab 3, who were never able to use it, going to be able to get Cab Lab Live for free?

I believe it’s a new version coming out.

from this forum:

Cab-Lab Live is our upcoming real-time IR processor, audition and mixing utility. Cab-Lab Live allows auditioning single IRs or mixes of IRs on your PC or Mac. It can be used as a plug-in in DAW software or as a stand-alone program. Up to 8 IRs may be mixed and the results auditioned instantly through your PCs audio interface (or the Axe-Fx II if configured as your interface).”

Ok reading the 2014 post from cliff at the start of the cab lab forum they do mention cab lab live, but I think(not positive) this turned out to be a function of cab lab, not a different program. you have these features on the stand alone and the plugin version of cab lab 3 with the axe fx II, it is called live mode.

Ok reading the 2014 post from cliff at the start of the cab lab forum they do mention cab lab live, but I think(not positive) this turned out to be a function of cab lab, not a different program. you have these features on the stand alone and the plugin version of cab lab 3 with the axe fx II, it is called live mode.

i didn’t catch the date he wrote it. Really wishing I never purchased cab lab.

I do not have an fm 3, but does it load wav ir files? cab lab does mix wav files even if it will not work in live mode. I never had much luck with live mode anyway.

I do not have an fm 3, but does it load wav ir files? cab lab does mix wav files even if it will not work in live mode. I never had much luck with live mode anyway.

It loads wav ir's, but auditioning mixes directly on the FM3 doesn't work. It does work if you use as a DAW plugin.

It loads wav ir's, but auditioning mixes directly on the FM3 doesn't work. It does work if you use as a DAW plugin.
While you cannot hear the mixes automatically (Live) when you make changes, you can audition the mixes by using the 'Send Mix to Scratch Pad' in Cab Lab. You will need to select which Scratch Pad location in the FM3 cab block and the 'Audition To:' in Cab Lab. I typically use Scratch Pad 1 since it's the default location in Cab Lab. Just make sure the other IR slot is muted in the FM3. Once you get a mix you like, you can save it to the FM3 as a User Cab.

While you cannot hear the mixes automatically (Live) when you make changes, you can audition the mixes by using the 'Send Mix to Scratch Pad' in Cab Lab. You will need to select which Scratch Pad location in the FM3 cab block and the 'Audition To:' in Cab Lab. I typically use Scratch Pad 1 since it's the default location in Cab Lab. Just make sure the other IR slot is muted in the FM3. Once you get a mix you like, you can save it to the FM3 as a User Cab.

I am able to do this on my AX8, but not the FM3. It freezes, crashes and/or disconnects when I try this.

I am able to do this on my AX8, but not the FM3. It freezes, crashes and/or disconnects when I try this.
Odd. Just used it this morning without any problems auditioning mixes. Only thing I had to do today that was close FM3 Edit to get Cab Lab to connect to the FM3.

Odd. Just used it this morning without any problems auditioning mixes. Only thing I had to do today that was close FM3 Edit to get Cab Lab to connect to the FM3.

So connect cab lab first and then open edit? I'm not sure if I tried that yet.

I only used Cab Lab, didn't open Edit. I had already made the change to Scratch Pad.

hmmm.... So you can't use edit and cab lab together, huh? I'll have to try that. Still a little clunky if you can't use edit and cab lab at the same time. Thanks for the info.

I only used Cab Lab, didn't open Edit. I had already made the change to Scratch Pad.

Hey dude, so I gave your method a go last night and it worked great. Thanks! I don't love that you can't have edit running as well, but at least I know now how to make it work outside of a DAW. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom