Cab-Lab does not support 96kHz_32bit_float .wav conversion?

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
From the Cab-Lab manual:

"Wav2Syx requires mono .Wav files which have been deconvolved (but they can be of any sample rate or bit depth.)"

Cab-Lab convert without warning or error message 96kHz/32bit_float IRs. But whatever format (UltraRes or High-Res) i choose to convert Wav2Syx, it sound like crap and re-convert High-Res to wav to take a look into the frequency response, i get this:

public.php

DESCRIPTION:
Red: Original 96kHz IR
Green: Cab-Lab 96kHz/32bit_float conversion result
Blue: Cab-Lab 96kHz/24bit_integer conversion result
Pruple: Cab-Lab 48kHz/24bit_integer conversion result

So, two findings:
1) 96kHz/32bit_float conversion did not work.
2) 96kHz/24bit_integer seems to give inferior good result in comparison to a 48kHz/24bit_integer conversion when i take a look to the spike at 32Hz?! Or is this from re-conversion from .syx to .wav. I don`t think so ... ?!

Internally, Axe-Fx IR-.syx format seems to be 48kHz/32bit_float?! So, i thought 96kHz/32bit_float .wav would be the best RAW-data for conversion? Seems not to be ...

Two questions:
1) Is this a bug or by design?
2) What is the best sample rate and bit depth to get the best High-res and UltraRes conversions with Cab-Lab?

Validate for yourself: Here are the original .wav IR-Testfiles .

Last edited:
How can it sound different? Your 3 curves are the exact same, just some louder...

That is just to demonstrate the comparison that the other bit rates produce the same results as the original file. It's the 96/32 that is not playing ball. This sounds like a job for the main man himself or perhaps one of the coders like Michael.

Did we ever find the answer to this? Cab Lab newb here looking to convert my Ownhammer Hi gain IR's to Ultrarez but don't know which sample rate to use.

Back
Top Bottom