Cab Lab 4 on deck?

I made some IRs today with CabLab and CabLab can no longer write to any user slots. I guess that has to do with the new firmware.

I was just gonna post this and I also assume it's because of v22. I'll buy the Cab-Lab 4 Bundle regardless, but as @sprint said, it'd be nice if we get some credit for the full version of Cab-Lab 3 to apply to Cab-Lab 4, or v3 was a pretty short-lived piece of software in my case.

That's been my only use case so far...

Really hoping with get that for DynaCabs as I'm enjoying the sounds of that a lot!
If CabLab4 gives us DynaCabs and the ability to mix them down to a composite IR, maybe, since space is less limited in a computer app, we'll get some more mic choices. I think that if they only allow mixing down and saving in a proprietary format, it should protect their IP and allow the mixes to be used on Fractal devices. Who knows? Hope they can figure out a way to give us some extra toys. I'd happily purchase 4 and the mic packs from scratch if it could do that. SM7, 160, AKG 414, and U67 would be nice to have. A number of folks would probably like a 421. Probably an e609 and a few others out there people'd want if they were available....

Really hope CabLab 4 comes out soon, I still use my cab lab 3 as a plug for cab mixes, somethings with in the plug make Logic Pro crash as bug fixes has been abandoned for us paid users of the product, this contrasts the continue development and bug fixes of other fractal products.

The Fractal Reverb 1.5 update was a paid one for 1.0 users and its ok.... but abandoning CabLab 3 bug fixes is not a very Fractal thing to do.....

I don't understand why they discontinued cab lab 3 since 4 was not on the way..
now with the new updates the 3 no longer works well on many systems and many people are unable to mix cabs despite the money spent to buy the 3..
Roll back your firmware...

There are costs to progress.

Would you rather wait for firmware updates or CabLab to be updated?

And by the way, you can still mix IRs and export them... Then import to your device.

I bought my AxeFX in December when CabLab 3 wasn't available anymore (never had an AxeFX before). So I didn't have the chance to use this tool but I really wanna be able to...
I hope CabLab 4 will be released very soon...

Roll back your firmware...

There are costs to progress.

Would you rather wait for firmware updates or CabLab to be updated?

And by the way, you can still mix IRs and export them... Then import to your device.
I'm just saying that generally, especially when a software license is purchased, the new one is introduced on the market first and then the old one is discarded with the relative stop of updates..
this is how it works, or rather it should..

I'm just saying that generally, especially when a software license is purchased, the new one is introduced on the market first and then the old one is discarded with the relative stop of updates..
this is how it works, or rather it should..
It still works. Only the hardware integration is not functional when using a newer firmware.

Back
Top Bottom