Cab Lab 3 with Axefx Ultra?

MSP

Hey everyone. I was thinking about Cab Lab 3. I was thinking of maybe purchasing it so I could use Ultra Res implulses with my Ultra while recording. Has anyone done this? Is it a big upgrade over the High Res impulses in the Ultra? Thanks!

not the stand alone version, it will not work with gen 1 units for they use a little different file type. the plugin will work with any unit.

Reactions: MSP
not the stand alone version, it will not work with gen 1 units for they use a little different file type. the plugin will work with any unit.
Hello Paranoid.
Does this mean, that the plugin version of the CL3 is able to convert .wav IR files into .syx files that can be read by the ultra unit? Meaning that I can be able to store them in my user cab library in the unit, or does it mean that i can only use the created IRs only inside my DAW with my Axe ultra (firmware 11.00) conected? Meaning that I ont't be able to store them inside the axe to take them with me?

Sorry for the long question =)

you will have to use them in a daw with the plug in cab lab. the ultra will not load ultra res IR's. I tried in the past to convert the newer IR's to the gen 1 sys. but i never thought they sounded any better then the gen 1 cabs. I don't believe the ir's in the gen 1 units are long enough to get the benefit.

well is there any posibility to convert existing .wav ir files into gen 1 .syx then? i did not find any other converter on the net. :(
to store them in my axe to take em with me

Yes, the WAV needs to be 48Khz, 24 bit. You need to convert your Wav to this format.
There are some free sample rate converters on the net, I use R8brain
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom