Cab-Lab 3 VST Plugin causing problems

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
I'm having some problems with the Cab-Lab 3 plugin. I usually multitrack around 4-8 different guitar tracks and obviously my use case would be to have a separate Cab-Lab plugin for each track.

When I do that my Cubase session starts to act funny. Audio gets chopped all the time although my CPU meters are normal. Well okay. I started this session with Cab-Lab 3 as the IR loader so now that it's bugging I'm trying to remove the plugins from my inserts and use something else. But the second I remove the last Cab-Lab plugin my Cubase gets and error and exits.

Is anyone else experiencing something like this?

Do you guys have a possible fix?

I tried other sessions I have that are super heavy for my computer. Full albums in one session etc. and no problems but this session with only 20 tracks and no other plugins except for Cab-Lab is overloading my disk cache. I don't have any explanation expect for the Cab-Lab plugin itself. I guess it's overloading my disk cache although I don't know how they're connected to each other.

I tried other sessions I have that are super heavy for my computer. Full albums in one session etc. and no problems but this session with only 20 tracks and no other plugins except for Cab-Lab is overloading my disk cache. I don't have any explanation expect for the Cab-Lab plugin itself. I guess it's overloading my disk cache although I don't know how they're connected to each other.

I assume, if you copy the session and exchange all CL3 instances against another IR Player, all work fine? If so, it seems to be a CL3 problem to me. If not, to many IR processing is killing the processor ...

I assume, if you copy the session and exchange all CL3 instances against another IR Player, all work fine? If so, it seems to be a CL3 problem to me. If not, to many IR processing is killing the processor ...

Yeah I've used Voxengo Boogex forever and I have many sessions where I change the IRs whenever I feel like it etc. so having something like 20 IR instances of Voxengo running at the same time without any issues. I had 5 CL3s on and I was afraid my computer was going to explode. Voxengo Boogex supports longer IRs not that it matters tonally but still I think it should be heavier for my CPU.

I don't think the problem is with my processor but memory.

Voxengo Boogex supports longer IRs not that it matters tonally but still I think it should be heavier for my CPU.

*lol ... me too! Much heavier ... ok, Boogex w/o Amp Sim, only IR department... then i think it`s time to take a deeper look into CL3 ... :roll

Perhaps it is, because CL3 process internally on UR basis, not .IR RAW basis and this takes much more processing power? But ... wait ... no, this makes no sense, right?! The opposite should be the case...

React the system the same by loading .IR vs. .wav?

It's just a buggy plugin right now.

Running cab IR's in a DAW should be no sweat at all. A sample player like Kontakt is much more processor/memory hungry than running cab IR's. Running reverb IR's is way more intense than cab IR's and I can run a bunch of those. I can use a bunch of Redwirez MixIR cab plugins with no problems at all.
I have 16 gigs of ram and an i7 processor and can run a huge mix with tons of VSTi's and plugins with no problem.
I have a ton of plugins and some heavy VST instruments and nothing crashes Studio One except for the CabLab plugin when I remove all instances from the inserts.
It doesn't work with right with two or more instances either.

CabLab plugin has bugs...confirmed by Ryan.

I've been writing about this problem a long time ago http://forum.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-cab-lab-live/97114-bug-plugin-version.html. nobody seemed to care. Glad that someone elsa got this issue, maybe now it'll be finally fixed.
I contacted support, provided them with all information about this issue i could collect, Ryan said:

"Thanks for all the info. We think we may know what the issue is and we're going to look into it. For now just restrict Cab-Lab plug-in usage to one instance at a time."

I was on March 10th

I've been writing about this problem a long time ago http://forum.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-cab-lab-live/97114-bug-plugin-version.html. nobody seemed to care. Glad that someone elsa got this issue, maybe now it'll be finally fixed.
I contacted support, provided them with all information about this issue i could collect, Ryan said:

"Thanks for all the info. We think we may know what the issue is and we're going to look into it. For now just restrict Cab-Lab plug-in usage to one instance at a time."

I was on March 10th

Yeah, I'm trying not be a pain in the ass about it. I know it takes time to code and bug fix but some updated info posted on the forum would be helpful.
It's one reason I'm not happy about not being able to demo the plugin before buying it. If I knew that I could only use one instance, I never would have bought it. What's the point? You might as well just record the track with the cab.

I can only think that maybe there just aren't that many people who use the plugin so it's low on the priority list to fix. I'd actually like to get my money back and re-purchase it when/if it works. Sounds fair to me.

It's too bad the .ir's in the Cab Packs are in a format that the Redwirez MixIR cab loader can't use because that plugin works perfectly and in stereo.

Yes, plugin version basically useless for me at this point. I would wait with purchase if I knew this problem. BUT I can't be angry at Fractal Audio, just can't, feel like I have no right for it :) .
They give us so many things for free, their support is super fast, I'm sure they'll fix this issue in future. So it's all fine.

Yes, plugin version basically useless for me at this point. I would wait with purchase if I knew this problem. BUT I can't be angry at Fractal Audio, just can't, feel like I have no right for it :) .
They give us so many things for free, their support is super fast, I'm sure they'll fix this issue in future. So it's all fine.

No anger at all here either. They are a top notch quality company and I have stuck with them since the Standard days. Now have a II, MFC, Cab Packs........
I do hope they update this plugin to a stereo version at some point. ;)

Thanks for the update Cliff.

Back
Top Bottom