Cab-Lab 3 Plugin not appearing in Logic Pro X

Scented Meat

Power User
Latest version of Cab-Lab (freshly downloaded and installed). Logic 10.4.3. MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Any hints would be much appreciated. Google and Forum searches have failed me.

FWIW I see other installed plugins (Bias, for example).

Edit: Solved by rescanning in Plugin manager and it "successfully validated". Not sure why it didn't validate in the first place, but problem solved.

Last edited:
Odd... working here with same versions.

You're sure you have "iLok License Manager.app" installed and the Plugin version license installed on your local machine (or if you're an iLok dongle user it's plugged into USB and working)?

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 5.00.23 PM.png

Do you see "Cab-Lab 3.component" plugin in this path on your machine:

/Music/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

?

If you do a File -> Get Info on it, you don't have any kind of weird permissions that might be setting that component or the folder path itself to not be readable (and/or potentially writeable?) by your user?

Lastly assume you checked Logic Pro X -> Preferences -> Plug-In Manager and Cab-Lab 3 is active (i.e. checkbox is on in the "Use" column) and compatibility is successfully validated?

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 4.54.02 PM.png

(If it didn't pass the validate properly for some odd reason, it won't load, sometimes if that happens it's just a simple matter of selecting the failed plugin(s) in the list and clicking "Reset & Rescan Selection" to get it to re-run the validation test and pass).

Only other potential gotcha I can foresee is are you sure you for sure downloaded/installed Cab-Lab 3 plugin and not some older purchased version of Cab-Lab by mistake? If Cab-Lab 2 or 1 (both of which can probably still show up in your fractal account), were 32-bit plugins they might not load in Logic Pro X running on a 64-bit computer, as I believe the 32-bit bridging was removed from Logic awhile back (maybe as old as X).

You nailed it with the "didn't pass the validate properly for some odd reason". When I did the rescan, it validated. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom