Cab-Lab 3 Launched!

I need to use the stand alone version on two pc's - one is my recording desktop that lives in the mancave and the other is an laptop I would like to use for ir capture purposes. Is this possible without the dongle?

It's 50 bucks for iFuqU2 I'm pretty sure. They are their own enterprise you have to be paying them for their service. Internet locked standalone software for already locked to flagship devices that I have to always have an internet connection to be able to use. There's no cost-opportunity worth here for anyone who owns the older Cab-Lab standalone

The iLock License manager is a free download.

The iLock License manager is a free download.

So the manager is just some background application I'm guessing? Is this the reason then I would need to have an internet connection to use Cab-Lab 3?

And since I have a dual boot laptop that I use both OS X and Windows for audio production, would I need to pay for a second license to use on essentially the same computer, yet not looked at as by licensing managers?

I need to use the stand alone version on two pc's - one is my recording desktop that lives in the mancave and the other is an laptop I would like to use for ir capture purposes. Is this possible without the dongle?

You will need to use the ILock License Manager to deactivate it on your PC and then activate it on your Laptop or vice versa depending which computer you are wishing to use. It's simple and takes all of two minutes. You sign in to your account and its a right click on the file to activate/deactivate. So basically, a login and two keystrokes.

You will need to use the ILock License Manager to deactivate it on your PC and then activate it on your Laptop or vice versa depending which computer you are wishing to use. It's simple and takes all of two minutes. You sign in to your account and its a right click on the file to activate/deactivate. So basically, a login and two keystrokes.

At least you don't have to repurchase another license if you don't want. It would be nicer if it didn't need the internet connection after your initial activation or unless you were transferring the license from one host to another.

My actual question about the product that hopefully M@ could answer is about the processing feature in the software. I know it allows you to select MPT to either use it built into the impulse or not, but I'm fuzzy on if this then uploads the impulse to the Axe-Fx without any MPT being added. I'm looking to know if it's possible to get impulses on board the unit without this processing. This is actually the main thing I wanted Cab-Lab 3 for, and am completely unsure if it will actually meet my wants besides all the other great new features.

Activation code received. :encouragement: I had to update my version of iLok which took about 2 minutes time. Pasted the code, it accepted it, things went without a hitch. It didn't interfere with any of my existing plugin licenses either.

I know that I'm probably in the minority, but the iLok2 thing has been painfree in my experience. No dongles, no purchase necessary and once it's activated it just works without me giving it a second thought.

Installed and running - works great ! The live mode really speeds up my workflow when browsing through IRs. I need to use the looper for live mode, because of the latency, but no biggie, really. Great stuff.

Cab-Lab 3 is now released in our store...
We had a lot of fun making it and hope you enjoy all of the new features!

It's available in Standalone and Plugin versions, and a specially priced Bundle.
Personally, I'd recommend the bundle since the plugin is awesome to use but can't access some of the TOOLS included with the Standalone.

Click here for Cab-Lab 3 Products at shop.fractalaudio.com

PS: If you own a previous version, you should have received your upgrade discount promo code via email by now...

Thanks for the upgrade email. Been busy playing with the new tools !

Thank you for the discount coupon email. Will buy the new CL for sure. For those (previous CL2 owners) who didn't receive the mail, check your spam box.

got my activation code!
proceeded without a hitch..can't wait to play around with the new cl3.
thanks to the fas team for the relentless progress!:encouragement:

Also I never had any issue so far with the ilock (knoocking on wood).

One question though, and a problem.
Is there a user manual? Or is it to come yet? Didn't find it anywhere...
Also in live mode, there is this latency...
The problem I have is with the live mode, probably a "user-handling"-error:
When i turn the live mode on, it distorts and the vu-meters in the utility menue are on their max. Also the tone sounds weird and strange, muffled, not like the same cab loaded in a scratchpad...
Could anyone explain how to use the live mode step by step? I dont seem to use it correctly...

Thanks in advance!

Other than that no problems so far...

So we need to use iLok even if all we get is the standalone version? I've been intentionally avoiding iLok controlled products because of the issues that come with that license manager.

For me it's first time to use this license manager and it took me a while get it figured out - but no issues so far...

Back
Top Bottom