Cab-Lab 3 Launched!

anyone care to help me out here?

i've purchased and downloaded the bundle.
i've also created an ilok account and downloaded the ilok licence manager.

when i launch the cablab standalone, it asks for an 8-part activation code.

is this the ilok code that will be sent by FAS "within one business day"?
based on some of your posts, you seemed to have received this code from somewhere fairly instantaneously..
did i miss something?

You need to wait for this activation code to be sent to your email. Then launch Ilock License manager
the go to Licenses - Redeem Activation Code.
I received my code within an hour.

anyone care to help me out here?

i've purchased and downloaded the bundle.
i've also created an ilok account and downloaded the ilok licence manager.

when i launch the cablab standalone, it asks for an 8-part activation code.

is this the ilok code that will be sent by FAS "within one business day"?
based on some of your posts, you seemed to have received this code from somewhere fairly instantaneously..
did i miss something?

Yes. You will receive another email from FAS with the activation code.

Can somebody tell me if the (dongle free) online activation is a one-time deal with ilok?

I wish to use cab-lab on a non-networked pc which I am happy to connect for first time activation
but if regular authorization is required then I'm out.

Sup? :)
Can somebody tell me if the (dongle free) online activation is a one-time deal with ilok?

I wish to use cab-lab on a non-networked pc which I am happy to connect for first time activation
but if regular authorization is required then I'm out.

I'd Really like to know something about this also, as I asked in my previous post cause my NIC is faulty on my DAW motherboard, so i'd have to do it from my internet computer, or have to buy a NIC card..... and there are a couple Cab packs I'd like to get also, but was holding off till this dropped.

Any info on this M@??

MOSHON
DAVE

Sup? :)

I'd Really like to know something about this also, as I asked in my previous post cause my NIC is faulty on my DAW motherboard, so i'd have to do it from my internet computer, or have to buy a NIC card..... and there are a couple Cab packs I'd like to get also, but was holding off till this dropped.

Any info on this M@??

MOSHON
DAVE

You have one license. You can either store it locally on the PC/Mac that you use for audio production, or store it on an iLok dongle like i do, so you can transfer between any computer with Cab Lab V3 installed.

Awesome, thanks, purchased.....

On a side note I noticed when selecting device to connect there was an option for XL+ o_O:shock

XL+.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not buying iFuq for the standalone version that's already locked to axe-fx owners in the first place. Time to look elsewhere.

I thought ilok software was free?

It's 50 bucks for iFuqU2 I'm pretty sure. They are their own enterprise you have to be paying them for their service. Internet locked standalone software for already locked to flagship devices that I have to always have an internet connection to be able to use. There's no cost-opportunity worth here for anyone who owns the older Cab-Lab standalone

If I'm wrong about the DRM costing 50 bucks for the standalone please tell me because my hopes have been crushed. The internet connection to be able to use is still a huge grievance to anyone who want's to do this away from home.

You have one license. You can either store it locally on the PC/Mac that you use for audio production, or store it on an iLok dongle like i do, so you can transfer between any computer with Cab Lab V3 installed.

Are you saying an internet connection is only needed once for the PC/Mac when you launch the standalone Cab-Lab for the first time and then no internet access is required on that PC/Mac for all subsequent launches?

Back
Top Bottom