• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Cab-Lab 3 Compatible with Axe-Fx III?

Rex

Legend!
Are you guys saying it's fully compatible with the III?
I downloaded it from my account and can't get the AXEIII stock cabs into it.
Cab-Lab isn’t for getting IRs out of the Axe-Fx. It”s for putting IRs into the Axe-Fx. ;)

Variable

Inspired
Has anyone with CL3.4 and an Axe 3 gotten the IR capture to work? I've tried both on Win10 and Mac and neither one actually records the IR. It plays the capture sounds and you see the waveform in the IR capture window, but when you save the IR, the IR is silent. I made a video of the behavior:

For reference, recording IRs directly on the Axe3 works great. Sadly, you can't output as .IR files, though, so I have to have Cab Lab working to actually create UltraRes mixes of my cabs.

Last edited:

Variable

Inspired
So, I heard back from Matt about my IR Capture issue, and it may be related to a different issue they discovered when trying to reproduce my problem. Hopefully that means a fix is in the pipeline soon.

Fractal Fanatic
Has anyone with CL3.4 and an Axe 3 gotten the IR capture to work? I've tried both on Win10 and Mac and neither one actually records the IR. It plays the capture sounds and you see the waveform in the IR capture window, but when you save the IR, the IR is silent. I made a video of the behavior:

For reference, recording IRs directly on the Axe3 works great. Sadly, you can't output as .IR files, though, so I have to have Cab Lab working to actually create UltraRes mixes of my cabs.
Just checked and I've got the same issue exporting as IR files. Works great sending them straight to the III though

Variable

Inspired
In case anyone else has tried it, the newest version that dropped today, 3.4.1, does NOT fix the IR Capture issue with the Axe 3. Hopefully that issue will be resolved soon.

Variable

Inspired
Is the "Live Mode" working with your Axe-FX III?

I can't make it work.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/having-the-axe-fx-iii-what-are-the-advantages-of-cab-lab-3.144996/#post-1715459
I can hear the mix for a fraction of a second when I press the "LIVE MODE" button, and then silence.
That might be related to the IR Capture bug. It seems like there are some issues that haven't been worked out yet in the current version. I've been able to do one IR capture and with the Axe 3 and then all subsequent captures are silent, sometimes after multiple reboots / reinstalls, which is similar to what you describe in Live Mode.

We'll have to sit tight till Fractal works out the issues.

Top Bottom