Cab-Lab 3 and iLok confusion

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Hello, I went through many searches and threads but please humor me (no dongle use):
1) Can I transfer cab lab 3 to a new computer in the future, if so infinite times, limited times, some $25? fee Ive seen mentioned but not sure applies

2) If my current computer breaks, do I have to buy a new license fee? or is my registration on a cloud?

Basically, I just want to be re assured that I wont have to re pay for the use of my purchased cab lab 3 in the future, thanks, anyone...

1) Yes .... unlimited transfers but as it's a single licence, only one device at a time can be authorised. If you don't want to do transfers then you'd need to buy separate Cab-Lab licences from FAS for use with each device

2) You will have an iLok account which you can login to via the Licence Manager program which will list all your devices that you've registered with them (IE you've installed the iLok Licence Manager software on them and signed into your iLok account from it)

The bottom line is that even if you completely lose the device the Cab-Lab is installed on you can retrieve your iLok licence for it and install on a different device - if not by entering the code FAS supplied at time of purchase then you could still contact FAS and get them to generate a new code for you (and cancel the old code) after they validate that you actually bought the software from them.

iLok is and always will be a pain in the arse but FAS support will bail you out if you run into issues - just keep your FAS account login, the original order email and Licence Code they sent you originally safe to expedite the process! You will not need to buy separate licences for each device (unless you want to)

1) Yes .... unlimited transfers but as it's a single licence, only one device at a time can be authorised. If you don't want to do transfers then you'd need to buy separate Cab-Lab licences from FAS for use with each device

2) You will have an iLok account which you can login to via the Licence Manager program which will list all your devices that you've registered with them (IE you've installed the iLok Licence Manager software on them and signed into your iLok account from it)

The bottom line is that even if you completely lose the device the Cab-Lab is installed on you can retrieve your iLok licence for it and install on a different device - if not by entering the code FAS supplied at time of purchase then you could still contact FAS and get them to generate a new code for you (and cancel the old code) after they validate that you actually bought the software from them.

iLok is and always will be a pain in the arse but FAS support will bail you out if you run into issues - just keep your FAS account login, the original order email and Licence Code they sent you originally safe to expedite the process! You will not need to buy separate licences for each device (unless you want to)
thank you thank you for this great and thorough explanation!

I recently moved cab lab and a bunch of plugins to my new Mac. The iLok process was pretty painless. I used their license manager software.

Back
Top Bottom