Cab-Lab 3.3.1 Released

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Cab-Lab Standalone and Plugin versions have been updated to 3.3.1.

This new version includes various fixes and improvements. The output of the standalone version (and tools) now creates only one SysEx file that works across all current Fractal Audio hardware products.

Cab-Lab Lite, the free stripped-down version, also has a new version, 3.3.1, including the long-awaited Ultra-Res 2.0 support.

Cab-Lab Standalone should update itself.
To update the plugin version, please re-download from your account at http://shop.fractalaudio.com
You'll find Cab-Lab Lite at http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-cab-lab-ir-mixer.php

banner-overlay-cab-lab.png

Lovely, thanks M@!

================================================
4/28/2016 - Cab-Lab 3.3.1 Release Notes:
================================================

Optimized Wav2Syx conversion speed by reducing
the number of generated .syx files to one.
Also streamlined the conversion algorithm.

Fixed bug that prevented importing .wav IRs
containing floating point data.

Added drag and drop functionality for folder
and file selection in Wav2Syx, IR2Syx, IR Phase
Invert, Ref IR Batch, and Copy Filename to IR
Name.

I have a bunch of IR's I converted from WAV in the past. Is it worth converting them again for UR 2.0?

I bought the Bundle and I've already updated the Standalone version.
When I go to my account it will only let me dl the full Bundle not just the PlugIn.

What exactly do I have to do to update the Plugin?

Hi Joegold,

in the bundle that you downloaded, there is also the install of the updated plugin version,

;)

because you bought the Cab -Lab 3 - Bundle :) ?

and for him it's just logic ?

it's as if you had bought the standalone and plugin version at the same time, and at a better price :)

so there are two installs to do in both cases

Last edited:
because you bought the Cab -Lab 3 - Bundle :) ?

and for him it's just logic ?

it's as if you had bought the standalone and plugin version at the same time, and at a better price :)

so there are two installs to do in both cases

Whatever.
It's all good now.
The standalone updated automatically when I went to run the app this morning prior to seeing Matt's post.
In order to update the plugin I had to login, re-dl the entire Bundle and run the new plugin installer.
Just would have been a bit less confusing if Matt had spelled all that out in his OP.
Saul Goodman

:D

you just have to check updates in the plugin version like you do in the stand alone version .)

Capture d’écran 2016-05-12 à 19.20.36.png

Last edited:
Hey, when I bring up Cab-Lab it says a valid license could not be found but then I click connect and it works as usual. Is this normal?

I have a bunch of IR's I converted from WAV in the past. Is it worth converting them again for UR 2.0?

Have you given this a shot?

I reconverted one wav with the updated Cab Lab Lite and noticed a difference in the mids, they seemed more open in the new IR. Not a massive difference but noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom