Cab-Lab 3.3.0 Released!

I'm curious to know what exacly was improved (if that's no company secret ;)), because:
I redid a few cab mixes with Cablab 3.3.0 and they sound exacly the same as the earlier mixes (at least to my ears :D). Even the mix output plot is exactly the same if I load the IR files into CabLab. Maybe the difference is only present in the SYX file?
I also noticed that the CPU load is exacly the same, no matter if I use an older SYX file or one which was created with the latest CabLab.

I don't see a reason to redo all my cab mixes.

One thing I noticed in redoing some of them is the process takes longer than it did before which seems to suggest it's trying to process and incorporate more data from the WAV file. To your point though, not sure if it captures enough new detail for people to remix but that's for each person to decide. I don't use a ton of IRs right now so it's worth it for me.

Here are two frequency plots. White is an older mix, which I made with an older version of CabLab. Red is the same mix, which I made with the latest CabLab. In the top-graph I gave the red one a little offset, in the bottom-graph it's both frequency plots on top of each other. Both are from the created IR files which were loaded back into CabLab.

With the given resolution of the CabLab Output Mix Plot window, there is no difference. However, it could be that one could see a difference, if the resolution would be better or that a difference is only present in the SYX file.

And before you ask how I got an additional plot into the Output Mix window: Paintshop Pro :D
comparison3.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed no difference in some mixes I checked and a tiny difference in the lower frequencies of some straight conversions. But that could be a coincidence. I didn't check enough IRs for meaningful statistics ;)

Careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have almost exploded my monitors with 3.3.0 plugin.
I don't yet know how to replicate this bug, I'll investigate it and made post in the BUG section, but just in case put the brickwall limiter on your DAW out. Here is video demonstration of what's going on http://dropcanvas.com/ge8k2
I was mixing several IR's and then when I hit SOLO on one of them sound volume gets extremely high.
My system
Cubase 8.5.15
WIndows 10 x64

Last edited:
Careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have almost exploded my monitors with 3.3.0 plugin.
I don't yet know how to replicate this bug, I'll investigate it and made post in the BUG section, but just in case put the brickwall limiter on your DAW out. Here is video demonstration of what's going on http://dropcanvas.com/ge8k2
I was mixing several IR's and then when I hit SOLO on one of them sound volume gets extremely high.
My system
Cubase 8.5.15
WIndows 10 x64

Not able to reproduce here. If you find reproduction steps, please post them.

@Ryan Buckley just had a similar bug occur. Using Logic Pro X and had the plugin loaded onto a few tracks. It was just a single impulse loaded into each instance of the plugin, and after reopening the project later on each track with it loaded was around +40 whereas they were -11 prior. Removing the plugin from the track and reloading it fixes it.

@Ryan Buckley just had a similar bug occur. Using Logic Pro X and had the plugin loaded onto a few tracks. It was just a single impulse loaded into each instance of the plugin, and after reopening the project later on each track with it loaded was around +40 whereas they were -11 prior. Removing the plugin from the track and reloading it fixes it.

Confirmed and fixed. Apologies for not posting earlier. The fix will be included in the next release which is currently TBD.

Here are two frequency plots. White is an older mix, which I made with an older version of CabLab. Red is the same mix, which I made with the latest CabLab. In the top-graph I gave the red one a little offset, in the bottom-graph it's both frequency plots on top of each other. Both are from the created IR files which were loaded back into CabLab.

With the given resolution of the CabLab Output Mix Plot window, there is no difference. However, it could be that one could see a difference, if the resolution would be better or that a difference is only present in the SYX file.

And before you ask how I got an additional plot into the Output Mix window: Paintshop Pro :D
View attachment 31235
Not sure just the frequency curve will be sufficient to check graphically, you'd need to compare phase data also, not ?

Back
Top Bottom