Cab-Lab 3.0.1 Released

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Cab-Lab 3.0.1 has been released and is now on our server for anyone who purchases the product.

If you already own Cab-Lab 3, the Standalone Version will update itself.
To update the plugin, please visit our store to re-download your original purchase (whether plugin-only or bundle).
Here's the link so you'll have no trouble:
http://shop.fractalaudio.com/orders.asp

PS: We're discussing a utility to auto-update the plugin in the future.

Last edited:
================================================
4/28/2015 - Cab-Lab 3.0.1 Release Notes:
================================================

Fixed bug that caused issues when running
multiple instances of the plug-in.

Disabled auto-audition when Live Mode is

enabled.

Added 'picker window' for choosing cab slot
locations when sending an IR to the hardware.

Added an 'edited' LED to indicate when a mixed
IR has not been saved to file or sent to the
hardware.

Added an 'edited' asterisk to the session name
when there are unsaved changes.

When I download, it says the zip file is either unknown format or damaged file size is 0. So many the 3.0.1 link is not there after all? Just seen the 3.0 one when I follow your link.

When I download, it says the zip file is either unknown format or damaged file size is 0. So many the 3.0.1 link is not there after all? Just seen the 3.0 one when I follow your link.
me too, standalone updated properly, but the zip file has 0kb (OSX Yosemite , Mac Pro 10.10.3)

Downloaded and installed the plugin version.

After running a quick test, everything seems to work properly now. All issues I had are fixed. Thank you for the update.

Any chance of the plugin becoming stereo with panning at any point? :)

Run two instances of the plugin. Pan them any way you like. :)

I'd ideally like to have a stereo instance of Cab Lab Plugin on a single stereo buss that I can route many (cab-less) guitar tracks to. Have a cab-mix panned left and a cab-mix panned right in one stereo Cab Lab.

I use Presonus Studio One and there are no mono busses. So as it stands I have to do a lot adding busses and panning things hard L&R and mixing to a final buss to get what I could get with one Stereo instance of Cab Lab on one stereo buss.

I use the Red Wirez MixIR cab plugin which is stereo with panning and it saves me a ton of time and plugin instances and routing confusion.

I bought the Cab Lab plugin so I could use the new Fractal Cab Packs.
I can work around the mono only thing with Cab Lab but stereo with panning would be very beneficial to work flow.

Also...there are quite a few stereo IR's out there that would benefit from a stereo plugin.

I still can't download the plugin though. Can someone look in to that and see why the file is 0kbps. I purchased the whole bundle, and so far the stand alone updated fine.

@laughyouraxeoff, @bradlake:
I think I found a problem with the zip delivered to me earlier today. It opens fine for me in both Mac and Windows, but taking another look I see Filezilla reports it as ~90MB but finder shows "zero bytes". I went back to the source files on the engineering server, re-zipped them myself, and overwrote the file on the store server. Please try again?

@kev:
We've considered some possible stereo features but nothing definitive yet. Stereo in/Stereo Out for the plugin shouldn't be too hard since it's just identically replicating the L channel processing to the R. I'll bring this suggestion to the team.

@priest
To upgrade from Cab-Lab 2 to Cab-Lab 3 you need to purchase a license in our store: shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Lab_s/58.htm
You should have received an email with a discount code. If not, please contact sales@fractalaudio.com

Last edited:

@kev:
We've considered some possible stereo features but nothing definitive yet. Stereo in/Stereo Out for the plugin shouldn't be too hard since it's just identically replicating the L channel processing to the R. I'll bring this suggestion to the team.

Thanks Matt,
This would really only be useful if the IR's were able to be panned within the plugin.

I think I found a problem with the zip delivered to me earlier today. It opens fine for me in both Mac and Windows, but taking another look I see Filezilla reports it as ~90MB but finder shows "zero bytes". I went back to the source files on the engineering server, re-zipped them myself, and overwrote the file on the store server. Please try again?

@kev:

@priest
To upgrade from Cab-Lab 2 to Cab-Lab 3 you need to purchase a license in our store: shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Lab_s/58.htm
You should have received an email with a discount code. If not, please contact sales@fractalaudio.com

Hey Matt, that did it, thanks bro for double checking on your end!!!!

I updated the Stand-Alone version on Mac 10.6.8 and when I open it, it's still on 3.0 not 3.0.1 should I try installing again? Tried it twice now still says 3.0 when I open the program it keeps telling me there is an update, not sure what to do, contact support? Everything seems to go fine when I updated is there a chance that its still showing 3.0 when its really 3.0.1? Tried again still no luck if no one answers I'll contact support later I guess. Looked for the new things in the release notes and didn't see any so it's not updated.

Last edited:
Hey M@t

Bundle download here! Two questions:

a) Must i simply (re)download the bundle from my order history?
b) the plugin update needs to redo the auth process?
TNX

I updated the Stand-Alone version on Mac 10.6.8 and when I open it, it's still on 3.0 not 3.0.1 should I try installing again? Tried it twice now still says 3.0 when I open the program it keeps telling me there is an update, not sure what to do, contact support? Everything seems to go fine when I updated is there a chance that its still showing 3.0 when its really 3.0.1? Tried again still no luck if no one answers I'll contact support later I guess. Looked for the new things in the release notes and didn't see any so it's not updated.

Where are you trying to open it from? I had the same issue using the alias on the dock. After I removed it & dragged the new CabLab from the app folder, it was fine.

I downloaded it to the desktop then double clicked that to install. it went through the install but its not installed.

Back
Top Bottom