Cab-Lab 2.0

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Cab-Lab 2.0 has been released.

The new version supports working with UltraRes™ and includes new utilities for converting, renaming and capturing IRs. Cab-Lab can also now connect to an Axe-Fx II XL.

If you're already using Cab-Lab, you can use the "Check for Updates" option in the program menu.

If you'd prefer to re-download the software, please log in to your account at Fractal Audio Systems Secure Online Store. Once you log in, click the MY ACCOUNT link in the upper right to open your ORDER HISTORY. Your original Cab-Lab order will be listed. Use the "CLICK TO DOWNLOAD" link to access the newest version.

cab-lab.jpg

Last edited:
Something important to understand: Cab-Lab cannot open UltraRes™ files in .syx format.
Instead, it requires the new format Impulse Response .ir files which contain 8k raw data.

These .ir files have already been provided with the recent TAF set, and we've just taken steps to see about getting them online as a free add-on for those who own Cab Pack 3 - OwnHammer.
Meanwhile, if you already own the OwnHammer originals, you can now convert the files using WAV2IR, included with this release of Cab-Lab.

If you don't already own Cab-Lab, check it out at http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Lab_Axe_Fx_II_IR_Mixer_p/fas-803.htm

Last edited:
Awesome, but I'm guessing that since I own the CAB 3 pack not the TAF collection, I can't use UltraRes yet?

Also hoping there will be instructions on how to convert or deal with the USB dump from the USB port. I've gotten it to dump into a sysex editor in midiox, but what then?

Wait...cablab can't read UR sysex? I've been waiting to be able to mix the ir's in cab pack 3 but now I have to wait for them to be converted to another format? Geez... How did the mix files in cab pack 3 get mixed in the first place? Let me have THAT tool.

Wait...cablab can't read UR sysex? I've been waiting to be able to mix the ir's in cab pack 3 but now I have to wait for them to be converted to another format? Geez... How did the mix files in cab pack 3 get mixed in the first place? Let me have THAT tool.

It uses .IR files for mixing.

Back
Top Bottom