Cab-Lab 1.0 Released!

I definitely wasn't putting Red Wirez down - I just meant that I have a lot more Red Wirez than OH, and that the OH alone will keep me busy for hours on end. Red Wirez are great - I made a lot of great blends with them when Axe-O-Matic still worked with the Axe. Actually I'm looking forward to blending some from Red Wirez and OH together. It's really cool to have that capability again! :encouragement:

so i can't purchase this if i do not own a credit card!? seriously? ever heard of PayPal? :(

Can the AXE elders give some rough ideas on what to mix and general EQ ideas? I have both the OH packs - modern and vintage...What am I selecting?? IRs at Random and play around till I get something?? Is there a method to the choices?

This is exciting but guidance would be incredibly useful for novices like me.

Much appreciate it.

Can the AXE elders give some rough ideas on what to mix and general EQ ideas? I have both the OH packs - modern and vintage...What am I selecting?? IRs at Random and play around till I get something?? Is there a method to the choices?

This is exciting but guidance would be incredibly useful for novices like me.

Much appreciate it.
It really depends what you are trying to accomplish. You can mix the same cabs with different mic combinations and/or distances. You can also mix different speaker types.

So you put up to 8 IRs in the slots, mix "blind" and send it back to audition through Axe-Fx hardware?

You can if you like. I prefer to run a loop on my Axe-Fx and send the IR to a unit already running the loop. So I'm sampling my mixes against a track.

But hey, if you prefer blind mixing, go for it buddy.

Serial Mode is explained in the user guide (included). It combines IRs in series, so you can "print" a "compensatory" IR such as a tone match on to a Cab, thereby enabling you to load the new IR and remove the tone match block. It works great. I use it to regain CPU in presets containing both a TM and a CAB.

Bless you!

Can we do a combination of serial and parallel like we can in mixIR2? I couldn't find the manual anywhere and the screenshot does not communicate this ability to me.

Also, will Cab-Lab be required for exporting UltraRes?

Can we do a combination of serial and parallel like we can in mixIR2? I couldn't find the manual anywhere and the screenshot does not communicate this ability to me. Also, will Cab-Lab be required for exporting UltraRes?

No. But you could use an exported parallel mix in a serial session.

Great job! Easy to use and quick (on my old Pentium4 music PC). May be the final nail in the coffin for ever leaving the basement again. :)

Any plans for phase management?

Is it possible to mix user cabs with the factory cabs?

The original factory cabs have never, to my knowledge, been released as a sysex or wav format collection of IRs. Maybe there was a bundle of the v9 cabs floating around at one point before they got added back in, but I can't remember now. The producer pack IR mixes in the factory IRs are available as part of the bundle packs you can buy on the store. So, in some limited cases, yes: you can do this.

BUT you can always mix a mix in Cab-Lab and then combine it with a factory cab in a stereo cab block and finish the mix there.

You can purchase a VISA card (or whatever) at a lot of stores around town.

Put the amount of cash on it you need to spend and viola...instant credit card.

i can get a prepaid visa of course but it's not instant, i need to request the card and then wait, one or maybe two weeks...

maybe someone can purchase this thing for me, i will transfer the money via paypal first of course :)

The original factory cabs have never, to my knowledge, been released as a sysex or wav format collection of IRs. Maybe there was a bundle of the v9 cabs floating around at one point before they got added back in, but I can't remember now. The producer pack IR mixes in the factory IRs are available as part of the bundle packs you can buy on the store. So, in some limited cases, yes: you can do this.

BUT you can always mix a mix in Cab-Lab and then combine it with a factory cab in a stereo cab block and finish the mix there.

Thanks for the info.

I would like for the cabs to be released, for the purpose of mixing them with third party cabs, and then using that cab as two mono hi res cab blocks.

Just bought this. I thought that I would only use this to rename cabs as my OCD has been going bonkers not having names I can easily see what they are. But 3 hours later I'm sitting here mixing cabs from here: Axe FX 2 Presets and IR

Here's a couple I came up with from Tonicstuds IRs:

Bogner Goldfinger M88 F: -5db
Bogner Goldfinger 121 N: 0db

The M88 mic on it's own was just way to bright but adding a bit of sparkle to the 121 N and it sounds great.

Bogner Greenback 121 N: 0db
Bogner Greenback M88 N: -6db

Same thing here. Added the M88 mic to give a bit of sparkle.

Two Rock 121 N: 0db
Two Rock M88 N: 0db
Two Rock M88 C: 0db
Two Rock M88 F: 0db

Here I really liked the basic sound of the M88 as the cab is fairly dark, but added a bit of the 121 mic for added depth.

This is really fun, and hours pass easily :)

Thanks FAS team for another stellar piece of software. It's just more and more fun playing my guitar with ever day that passes with my Axe Fx II.

No PayPal?

Neither PayPal or CoreAudio were words that exist in the FAS language ;) For the first you have to pay a lot of cash for a relative small amount of incoming cash, for the 2nd you have to back up a lot of knowledge for a relative small amount of customer using a mac :lol

Beside that - a complete offline "blind IR-mixing tool" makes things a lot more complex than it should. A further roadmap to release more useful functionality into it, is a nice way to bind customer closer to the products. But -> it's not finished yet. It's a so called beta final release that holds things up for the future which should be included on the initial release as a commercial software.
No - I'm not bitching - I'm just share my opinion, and so can you!

Cheers
Paco

PS: I'll buy this in the near future if possible to play an audiosample over all loaded 8 slots and mix the various IRs in realtime - then it's a real CabLab! Take your time, no stress - I don't expect to get this done before 287th of october:mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom